I did it... mwuahahah...

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was buying some frames for a showing I'm doing and I was like "You knowwwwwww... while I'm heeeeeere... I could just slip in that 50mm 1.8 I've been wanting..."

*calls up the wife*
"Yes?"
"Hi. I wanna buy a lens."
"Oh god no... no! N.."
"It's $117."
"What? Why is it so cheap???"
"Because I'm a smart shopper!!!!"
"Oh... fine!!!"

I really need to talk to the wife about breaking money from the photo business out of the family account. Getting a little tired about bickering over photo stuff I want(cough)need.

:lol:

Anyway...

WOOT! :boogie:

Aren't you lucky...

Cute story. Question is if you are taking money from the family account to use on the business side are you running your business correctly? Also if you are bickering over photo stuff then that could be a problem as well. Point is a good business model needs to be devised so that these problems do not a rise.

Love & Bass

Aren't you lucky...

:confused:

Cute story. Question is if you are taking money from the family account to use on the business side are you running your business correctly? Also if you are bickering over photo stuff then that could be a problem as well. Point is a good business model needs to be devised so that these problems do not a rise.

Just something that has yet to be worked out. Up until about 6 months ago the side-business was helping the family dig itself out of crushing debt. We're out now, but not swimming in cash yet. My wife knows we need to make a more clear and formal arrangement, she's just weirded out by it. It's complicated.

I really need to talk to the wife about breaking money from the photo business out of the family account. Getting a little tired about bickering over photo stuff I want(cough)need.

:lol:

Anyway...

WOOT! :boogie:

ahh she is just trying to protect the money - we all know a photographer will never become rich if allowed to buy their own kit (especaily if they have an interest in long lenses!) ;)

That said have fun with your new toy!:D

That's a funny story. The 50mm price tag was an easy sell at my house too.

ahh she is just trying to protect the money - we all know a photographer will never become rich if allowed to buy their own kit (especaily if they have an interest in long lenses!) ;)

That said have fun with your new toy!:D

Exactly, she is there to put the brakes on and provide a counterpoint. My wife always makes me think the photo purchases through.

This is why Im single. I can spend my money on what I want. Congrats on the new lens.

heheh... yeah... I have to say it may not be THAT bad a thing to have the business money going into the family account first. I'd probably blow through it in seconds on all my various experiments. :lol:

Congrats on the lens. I would going to buy to 70 - 200 yesterday without consulting. Neddless to say just before the purchase, I came back to reality and ended buying my wife some new headphones for her work. Gotta keep momma happy.

Funny how women work. I had to buy the gf a tiffany bracelet before I could confront her about buying myself the 50mm f/1.4. An eye for an eye, but life goes on. Congrats on the lens though,

Nick

Funny how women work. I had to buy the gf a tiffany bracelet before I could confront her about buying myself the 50mm f/1.4. An eye for an eye, but life goes on. Congrats on the lens though,

Nick

^^Shoot, I'd rather have camera equipment than jewelry any day!!!
hmmmmm, Me thinks I'm not the normal female! I'll definately have to bring this up to the hubby next time I want a new lens though! "Would you rather buy me diamonds, or lenses?" We wont tell him that some lenses cost the same as some diamonds!!

Congrats on the new lens! Have fun!

^^ hehe thanks.

See now that might be a solution. Get the wife into photography. Kind of a double edged sword there though because then I might have to fight with someone for primary posession of my toys. :)

Chris, you had her on the ropes! Why didn't you go for the 50mm F/1.4? :lol:

I know you'll enjoy the 50mm F/1.8, I get a lot of pleasure from it too.

Chris, you had her on the ropes! Why didn't you go for the 50mm F/1.4? :lol:

I know you'll enjoy the 50mm F/1.8, I get a lot of pleasure from it too.

hehehe, well for one because I knew she was expecting $300+, so $100 was a "oh... oh... ok... fine." :lol:

Also it just wasn't *really* worth the diff in cost. I'd love to do it just to have it, but...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back