I did some work last night on my photos

Chicagophotoshop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chicagophotoshop.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know I have a long way to go, but I'm trying. your input is greatly appreciated.

ChicagoPhotoShop33copy.jpg

Picture050copy.jpg

Picture013goodcopy.jpg

Picture053copy.jpg

Picture130copy.jpg

Well done one threee with no people around! what days are people not around it ?

Crop on Photo 1 is ok.
You might consider playing with the levels even more in most of your pics. I feel that Photo 1 and mostly so that of the swing could have some more "punch" ... the one of the swing might also be good as b&w conversion, maybe with a mild sepia toning (?).

The Bean without people is, indeed, a rare sight... not that I've ever seen The Bean with my own eyes, only here on TPF in photos of others, but so far always with people in it. To bring it out more, you might crop in even more from all sides. It might look good. I can imagine that it does.

The one of the boats is too busy for my liking.

Crop on Photo 1 is ok.
You might consider playing with the levels even more in most of your pics. I feel that Photo 1 and mostly so that of the swing could have some more "punch" ... the one of the swing might also be good as b&w conversion, maybe with a mild sepia toning (?).
I tried the swing in b&w, it seemed kinda dull. I'm going to play with it some more.

The Bean without people is, indeed, a rare sight... not that I've ever seen The Bean with my own eyes, only here on TPF in photos of others, but so far always with people in it. To bring it out more, you might crop in even more from all sides. It might look good. I can imagine that it does.
yea I have it printed 11x14. the sun makes the bean "glow" looks cool.

The one of the boats is too busy for my liking.
I agree here. I tried to do some things with the colors but too many sail poles around. I was trying to portray that chicago has the largest harbor system in america. which is true.

thanks for your feedback

#1 looks MUCH better! :thumbup:

#2 is OOF, hard to find something in focus.

#3 is a great shot of Cloud Gate. I love the sun behind it and the contrast between the silver bean and blue skies. However everything is soft again, but not so noticeable as the harbor shot. Id sharpen up the edges of the Cloud Gate and this is a winner.

#4 is ok, dont have much to say about it. I think it would look alot better in B&W. Just my opinion....

#5 is cool. Is that an F-16? Anyways, love the color and angle and youve cropped it perfectly. Would like to see a border on it.

#1 looks MUCH better! :thumbup:

#2 is OOF, hard to find something in focus.

#3 is a great shot of Cloud Gate. I love the sun behind it and the contrast between the silver bean and blue skies. However everything is soft again, but not so noticeable as the harbor shot. Id sharpen up the edges of the Cloud Gate and this is a winner.

#4 is ok, dont have much to say about it. I think it would look alot better in B&W. Just my opinion....

#5 is cool. Is that an F-16? Anyways, love the color and angle and youve cropped it perfectly. Would like to see a border on it.

yea 2 sucks :) but o well

i'm still learning how to sharpen an image. is there a rule of thumb or good way to do in PS ?

yea F-16. good idea with a border. I will do that.

On a harbor, there is lots of movement, making it hard to get a still image. Id recommend using a tripod and a flash.

Oooh, one more question Ive been meaning to ask you.... How on earth did you get that first shot?!?! Was that taken at the Aon Center? Thats the only thing I can think of.

Oooh, one more question Ive been meaning to ask you.... How on earth did you get that first shot?!?! Was that taken at the Aon Center? Thats the only thing I can think of.
yes it was. I used to install wireless antennas on top of highrise buildings in chicago. Aon being the tallest I was on. only very select group of people has access to the roof. regardless of the quality of the actual pic, which I know isnt great, I still think they are fun to look at.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back