I do NOT want another day like today.

Sorry to hear that you had to deal with that! That type of scene is never pleasant, and can get worse if the offenders / parents show up. Hopefully the "authorities" will get it straightened out.

Sadly, the authorities can do little to help the kids. They can punish the parents, and they can yank the kids... but in the absence of physical or sexual abuse, the kids are often better off with the known bad parenting they have than the unknown bad foster care they're likely to replace it with.

If we can ever find answers to really help at risk kids break free from the limits of their parents it will solve so many of our problems.

What I will never understand is why foster parents are so terrible so often??? A friend of mine was working to become a foster parent and the approval process was grueling!

Sorry to hear that you had to deal with that! That type of scene is never pleasant, and can get worse if the offenders / parents show up. Hopefully the "authorities" will get it straightened out.

Sadly, the authorities can do little to help the kids. They can punish the parents, and they can yank the kids... but in the absence of physical or sexual abuse, the kids are often better off with the known bad parenting they have than the unknown bad foster care they're likely to replace it with.

If we can ever find answers to really help at risk kids break free from the limits of their parents it will solve so many of our problems.

I was a volunteer Paramedic for years in Texas (both large city and rural). I know.. trust me...I know! I also worked ER a lot.. and heard the stories, and worked on the victims of this type of crap (broken arms, smashed faces, cigarette burns, infections, malnutrition, drug abuse / OD's, overloaded child protection systems, BAD foster homes, incest, etc)... and people wonder why I don't like people!

Pixmedic knows what I mean... and he isn't as bitter about it as I am (at least I don't think he is!). ;)

What I will never understand is why foster parents are so terrible so often??? A friend of mine was working to become a foster parent and the approval process was grueling!

For the same reason teachers are so terrible so often... anyone who actually cares get brutalized by all the politically and egotistically aand otherwise nefariously motivated morons who politicize the system and brutalize anyone who dares stick their neck out to actually get things done or to make a difference.

Once the believers are gone, what you have left are lifetime burrocrats in their gummint jobs (or getting their gummint checks) where the check and how to get more of it is the only thing they care about.

It is a very sad story, and it is always shocking when we realize that things like that happen. I hope you won't dream about it tonight. Sometimes it is the type of image that come back and haunt us. I really hope that the authorities will intervene!

There are many things happening right now in America, here in Colebrook NH, I know some kids are not eating their 3 meals a day.

They will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Let's hope for the best...

This seems like yet another reason that many electricians prefer to work on new construction.

I hope you can figure out how to avoid this kind of business in the future.

Look at it this way, sparky. You might have saved some lives today.

Odds are pretty decent that the kids are NOT going to be pulled out of there, and now they probably won't get electrocuted. Now it's stinky and gross, but probably not unsafe per se, and it sounds like it was before.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back