I don't know why these always fascinate me, but...

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't think it's really a good picture, per se... but the "GIANT WALL OF BIRD HOUSES NAILED TO MY HOUSE" always calls my name.

Fall Pictures 2011 - 038.jpg

I know what slightly bothers me about these photo's. They are more documentary than artistic. At least in my eyes. Your not alone in this, I do it too but I usually think it's not art. I'm showing people something they might not see on their own. Just a thought.
I like them and I don't like them. :)

You know, I think you hit the nail on the head, Rick. That's REALLY interesting... because there are a number of pictures I take where I'm like "I find this fascinating... I want to take a picture of it... but it's not a good picture..." and I bet many of those are what you describe.

Now I'm wondering... could I make this into a good picture? Maybe. I need to play with it. (it's in my town, so easy peasy) :)

Thanks much for commenting!

You know, I think you hit the nail on the head, Rick. That's REALLY interesting... because there are a number of pictures I take where I'm like "I find this fascinating... I want to take a picture of it... but it's not a good picture..." and I bet many of those are what you describe.

Now I'm wondering... could I make this into a good picture? Maybe. I need to play with it. (it's in my town, so easy peasy) :)
I agree. Taking a few extra steps can make a big difference but it's not always easy to do. Your photo with the pumpkins on the table has it right. Came out well and it was just getting down and framing it right. I need to improve on this myself.

This may be particularly challenging with the birdhouse ones because that's invariably "Ok, I'm going to walk down this random person's driveway to get this picture..."

Most reactions

Back