I entered a photo contest (spring theme)

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This one: http://serbin.com/Contests/Contest.html

I know I wont win, or come close to it but it's my first official contest and it did cost me a butt load of money because it's in the USA.

Trust me, the prints look much better. In YOUR opinion, how do you think I could have improved on these images?

The first two were taken with my Fujifilm FinePix A303 and the last one was from a few years ago by either my Canon AE1 or my parent's Canon EOS (prolly Fuji film).

These are the photos I entered:

1.jpg

sunset10.jpg

SunsetThruWindow.jpg

Your first image there is just beautiful. Very bright and spring-like. I also like the third image, but I think you have a better shot with #1.

Good luck!! :D

Man, the first shot is super strong!!! I am not sure what to think of photo contests. I do know that they always produce amazing results from the participants. The second and third shots convey a sense of spring that the judges are going to enjoy.

Thank you very much. And I agree. I like the last one a lot though. Like I said, the prints look a lot better.

I know I wont win with them, they're not strong enough, but it's just the trying and chance I have. You never know what type of people the judges are and what will win them over. That is the suckie part. There is luck involved I think.

I too like the first one... but the lighting strikes me as odd... i guess when i think spring, i think the cool crisp white light of the morning sun... and that looks either like indoor light or late evening...

i love the glints of light, but i would have rather seen budding leaves, rather than dying ones.

All in all, great pictures, but for a spring theme, i think you missed a little.

and that looks either like indoor light or late evening...

It is indoor. And like I said earlier, the print looks better. I hate how it looks dark on the one side, but it's not. I don't even like this image much, but everyone else seemes to enjoy it.

I see what you're saying about the other pciture, it doesn't really look like spring. :/ Oh well.. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back