i feel like a noob

IanRB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
maybe im just stupid or something but why can i not figure out how to add a border to my picture in CS3 hahaha. just got it from my uncle so i dont really know anything. any easy way to do this?

Haha don't sweat the noob feeling. We've all been noobs and still are when it comes to certain things.

I haven't slopped around in CS3 yet but I'd be surprised if this has changed. Any way to create a border is like this:

Select the entire image by Control clicking the layer
Go to Select in the menu and hit border
Select the pixel size of the border (it will depend on the resolution of the image)
Create a new layer
Select new layer
Fill that selection with whatever color you want the border to be

There ya go. It's a pretty boring border as far as creativity goes but it's quick, easy and very clean looking.

i think it may have changed because after i select it and i go to the select menu there is no button for border

I make a border via the "canvas size.." function.

Click on Image then canvas size

Make sure the "relative" box is checked. From here on out you can make a border by simply increasing the canvas size and choosing a fill color.

Later on you can make a "action"

I have a action set up to change the image size and add a 3 layer border by hitting one button on the keyboard.

Thats a cool idea Remi I didn't even think about doing that!

In addition to what Remi said, when you increase the canvas size, make sure your image is on a layer above the background layer. This will give you flexibility in adding additional elements to the border, ie, a white stroke around the image and a black border. You can double click on the image layer and add layer affects to achieve this. There's lots of options including drop shadow which can look interesting against white.

Just don't overdo it though. The border should not overpower the image and certainly not distract.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back