I finally found a bug...

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm so excited!! These are my first bug shots with my new macro lens. My focus isn't the greatest as I was trying to balance in some rocks and trying to get the darn bug to look at me..They don't make very good models! My aperture was set at f19, but I still couldn't get him completely in focus..I'm thinking I was too close.

7337478776_7bafda20b0_z.jpg

7337479532_d3522d3f07_z.jpg

7337479760_b789119f4d_z.jpg

In the world of Macro you won't get the whole subject in focus without stacking a series of images together. Don't let it bother you.

For your first bug you found a good one! Mantis are not common in my area and would love to locate one!

They seem a bit bright to me. You could probably darken them down a bit and up some of the vibrancy to bring out the green in that guy.

The top one is my fave. What lens are you using?

I'm with G! That light is VERY harsh... you need to diffuse it... makes for much prettier shots! Tell us how you are shooting.. maybe we can help!

Thanks for the feedback..No, I didn't diffuse the light. I haven't had a whole lot of time to do any reading on macro. I just went outside with my camera to play and took these in full sun.. I was happy just to take the little guys pictures..It was a baby mantis. :) I'm on summer break and once I'm done with my two summer classes I can do some reading and play some more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back