I finaly got accepted!!!

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been trying to get on with a online stock sight, but they are really stingy about the picture quality. It took me 2 months, but I have finally been accepted as a stock provider! I'm excited to see what happens from here!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zx3guy2000 said:
What is an online stock site ??

online stock is a place where a designer, card company, poster company, magazine, or any other type company can go and download pictures for a certain price (it a dollar a credit and a small picture 800x640 is 3 credits or $3). If you are good enough you can UPload pictures to the site. Then the stock company pays you a certain amount of the download (some are $.25 a download, some a percentage of the download.) There are some of the sites that... I forgot what I was saying... I started this remark before I went to lunch... I tried to finish it after I got back... Ummm... yeah... not happening... lol

I've never heard of this kind of thing, I have dealt with stock companies before. Just not on the net. However I would never sell anything for these prices that you mention. Sounds like they're really taking advantage here. What rights do you retain after the sale ? Can you ever use the "sold" photo again ? Or do they buy rights to a one time use ?

They buy rights for a one time use. You can still take the picture to other stock or make prints of them. You can sign up to be an exclusive member in which you get better prices per download. Some of the people on there make a good $2400 a month... I just want to make a little money on the side. These companies only make about $.60-$1.50 off each download really anyways...

well let us know about your revenue or income... really curious :)

callisto said:
To tell what online stock s. would be prohibited advertisment, right?
Or am I wrong?

Anyway, congrats!!

Thank you

That was not the intent... I'm sorry... I deliberatly left out the name of the company because that... I was just answering the questions that were asked...

callisto said:
To tell what online stock s. would be prohibited advertisment, right?

no, that should be ok i guess.. after all we also mention brand names and product names in here a lot... which is ok as well ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back