I found a cool old camera at a garage sale, need some help with film

Wow..... as I said, you really did hit the jackpot man. I LOVE old stuff like this, you just can't beat it. So we've seen 3 of the 4 that you bought, what is the 4th one? :)

Oh, by the way, I followed the links in your sig... you are living the dream for sure man. You do awesome work. I'm impressed, in awe, and very envious of you right now! :) I'de love to be able to shoot models like you do.

I think 8mm - Double 8 film.

Looks like the B&H Filmo Sportster Double Run Eight - 1936

I got 4 cameras for $4.

You suck!!:lol:

I have a few Brownies, Polaroids, Kodaks and such. I have never seen anything decent at yard sales beside those plastic "Pro 35mm" cameras magazines and such gave away with a $10 subscription. Some day I will find my pot of gold though. :lmao:

dwig,

the newer time zero film (meaning when they made a change a few years ago) was not as easy to manipulate , but it could be done.
this was the only issue of the film that i found harder to manipulate and i have been doing this for many many years.

the Blend stuff will manipulate, but it looks more like scratches than movement, then everyone to their own.

dwig,

the newer time zero film (meaning when they made a change a few years ago) was not as easy to manipulate , but it could be done. ...

Time-Zero could, in general, be manipulated, but some of the manipulation effects that could be done with the original film could not be done, or at least done to anywhere near the same extent. In the original film, the mix of "goo" in the print was substantially thicker and stayed plastic far longer allowing portions of the image to be squished and moved a 1/2" or more. A simple portrait could be made to look like "The Scream" by Edvard Munch.

i seem to be mis-understanding

i have been manipulating this film for many many years, and yes it has changed with the most recent change being the most diffiuclt (imho) to give the results i look for.

i have several packs of the BLend version in the fridge along with another pack of the most recent time zero. heaven knows why i still keep them, just haven't had the heart to toss them away.

similar as to why i have thrown out an 8x10 polariod film processes, as it is now useless as well.

i seem to be mis-understanding...

The "original SX-70" film that I was refering to as being preferable to the Time-Zero was made in the '70s and very early '80s. The last pack of what I feel was the best version for manipulation would have expired over a quarter of a century ago.

Most reactions

Back