I found a used D300.

krystalynnephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Butttt, before I get too excited, I have to figure out how to find out how many shutter clicks the camera has. There is a slight language barrier, as I am in Japan, and am English speaking. How can I find out this info?

I am super excited bc I know this camera is a leap from where my little D5000 stands, but I want to know I am getting a good deal.

Orrrr, I could do a D7000? So many options. Hmmph.

Butttt, before I get too excited, I have to figure out how to find out how many shutter clicks the camera has. There is a slight language barrier, as I am in Japan, and am English speaking. How can I find out this info?

I am super excited bc I know this camera is a leap from where my little D5000 stands, but I want to know I am getting a good deal.

Check the EXIF data of any photo taken with it. The shutter count should be there.

It's in a store. I can't just take a photo with it... I'm going to ask them, and hopefully we can get a clear communication going. lol We'll see.

It's in a store. I can't just take a photo with it... I'm going to ask them, and hopefully we can get a clear communication going. lol We'll see.
I would be hard-pressed to purchase a used body without being able to take a shot with it or having an iron-clad return policy.

I would just take my own cf card and put it in and take a few pictures, there shouldnt be any problem. How much is the d300?

I think I am slowly leaning further towards the D7000. Based off of the facts that it's newer vs older, new vs used, and a solid camera, in general.

I would just take my own cf card and put it in and take a few pictures, there shouldnt be any problem. How much is the d300?

I am planning on doing that tomorrow, just so I see all of my options. After the exchange rate, it's about 500 bucks.

Take along a Japanese friend, and have the friend ask to take a picture using her own cf card, of course. Then take the card back to your computer and read the EXIF and see how the picture quality looks.

$500 is a good price, even better if it had a low shutter count. When I went to Japan 3 years ago most things seemed a little overpriced compared to the US. I bought a camera without doing my homework and ended up paying about 50 dollars more.

Bring your smart phone and put that google translate to work.

Japanese are usually honest people, much more so than any one I've met from other countries.

They truly are. That's why I'm not the least bit sketchy about the quality of the camera. Once I find out the shutter count, everything will be answered.

In your opinions, what is a reasonable shutter count number for that price?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back