I found my first model ...

Luminosity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
...who is not a family member and is taller then my waist height ! :lol:

I was at work last week and one of the patients I was massaging ( to help loosen her back up for the chiropractor ) is a girl who has just started college ( drama is her major, she is set on becoming an actress ) and she mentioned that she wished she had the money to get a portfolio happening.

There was my cue lol !

I told her I would happily take some headshots etc of her, that I'm not that experienced yet so we'd be helping each other out. Gave her my email addy but didnt really expect her to take me up on my offer...

Then she came in yesterday for her appointment and her eyes lit up when she saw me come out to take her into a room.She excitedly asked how much I would charge for pics etc. Told her " TFP sweets , no problem" and she looked happily surprised.

I HAD to explain to her that I am such a newbie that I wouldnt even dream of charging her. I'm only hoping I can get ,at least, a couple of good shots that she likes so that her excitement doesnt turn to disappointment lol.

She's doing ME the favour here !

Off to ask 'portfolio/headshot' questions in the portrait section now ;)

But, yay, I have my first model ! If she wants I''ll keep photographing her on a regular basis and adding to her portfolio!

Oh and I MIGHT have a gig photographing the Gay Pride parade in a week from now. The next door neighbour works for a gay magazine here in Toronto and he said if they want to publish my shots they'll pay me like $ 70 a shot...

( I'd do it for free , JUST to be published...but psssstt not telling THEM that ;) )

Hey good news Lumi,

I recently got asked to take shots of a fashion students work and found myself in much the same situation saying that I was such a newbie I couldn't possibly charge, the photos turned out quite well after a bit of PS and the person I was shooting for was very satisfied, it's a very satisfying experience, I hope yours goes as well as this.

That's awesome news! Have fun and congrats! :mrgreen:

If she likes your pictures of her she might tell her friends in college about you and you could get more work/experience

Most reactions

Back