I got an offer on an asistant posistion for a photog!

Ghoste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Woohoo! This guy at my work was pickin' up some film the other day and we were talkin' and he was tellin' me some of the shoots he has comin' up and I said "Well if you ever need an asistant you know where to find me". And he said actually I might need one this Thursday. So I gave him my info and I really hope I get the job. He is an Architectural photographer that shoots newly built buildings for clients and charges $300 a shot! So if they want 10 shots it's $3000!!! He shoots 4x5 and is going to show me how to use it :)

Hahahahahaha! Sorry pal. You didn't think it was going to be THAT easy..... did ya? :lol:
Don't sweat it too much. Do whatever you're told (within reason), pay close attention and stay out of the way. If this guy is any good, you'll get a great education. (Then again, if he's bad, you'll get a good education anyways on what NOT to do.) :mrgreen:

Hahaha, thanks for the tip about not doing whatever he tells me to. If you didn't remind me I would've done anything.

We are keeping our fingers crossed!! I think Photogoddess's comments summed it up best. Stick with it. The experience will prove to be invaluable. Oh yea, do not drop any thing or kick anything over. If you get the chance practice loading 4x5 film.

Ghoste said:
Hahaha, thanks for the tip about not doing whatever he tells me to. If you didn't remind me I would've done anything.

You're only a little older than my son. I guess I shouldn't have been worried about you doing "everything" you're told after all. :biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back