I got invited to a wedding...because I have a camera.

Thanks everyone for all the awesome responses, it definitely gave me some food for thought.

But I pretty much made up my mind that I'm not going to go. I love my cousin and his soon to be wife, but I only see them once a year (maybe) and they are just not part of life. Even though I got an invite, the way they worded it sounded like I only got invited because I take pictures and that just made me feel uninvited. I'm sure that wasn't their intention, but I never know with my family. As I mentioned before, I don't like weddings. I went to my brothers wedding a couple years ago and I hated it, it was one of the hardest things for me...but I did it anyways because it was my brother.

Its not until the end of the year so I got plenty time to think about it and who knows...I could end up changing my mind! On the other hand...the food menu looks good. Haha.

If the food menu looks good then you got screwd because the if you taking pictures you don't have time to eat.

I would eat. I'm not the photographer.

I would certainly offer my unskilled services if they were broke, having it in the backyard or worse someone elses backyard, asked me nicely and i guess preferably upfront about it. Ive been to a few byob weddings.

Most reactions

Back