I got my 10D!

mrsid99

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brand new 10d arrived today!
All this week I've been receiving things like batteries, battery grip, lens, and finally, the first item I ordered arrived, the darn body!
Well it's all assembled and I'm waiting for the first battery to charge, BTW, screaming at the battery charger to "hurry up!" doesn't help, just so's you know.

sensational! I know you will be itchin' to convert all your shots to greyscale after you take them ;)

Seriously, as you'll find out, its a wonderful camera! If we don't hear back from you in a while, we understand!

Jeez you guys!
Well here's the first two I took leaving work tonight, (well of course I took my baby to work with me!) and it's more of a lens test than anything at max and min zoom.
The lens is a Tamron 28-300xr and yes I confess it was all full auto, just wanted something to look at and play with when I got home.
Please excuse the smog and the wind movement.
normal_CNTPKmin.jpg

normal_CNTPKmax.jpg

Gee, I wish I could afford a 10D!! I'm stuck with my little camera. However, it does have an 38-380 equivent zoom so just for fun, here's max wide and max zoom straight out the camera- almost. It just quit raining, so it's quite cloudy outside. I lightened these up (just shots down my street) just a tad. No other adjustments were made (color, sharpening, contrast, etc.), and full auto settings.

Now before anyone thinks that I'm trying compare a 10D to mine, or think that I trying to show mine's as good as a 10D, I'm not!!!! I'd trade in a heartbeat! What I am doing here trying to get an idea of how my built-in long zoom compares to the Tamron lens. What I saw in the wide angle shot was a bit of softening of the trees on, but the house/building on top of the hill was pretty sharp in the telephoto. I wanted to see if mine does the same thing.

Rats. Mine seems to have an overall softening at wide angle, and, while not too bad, could be sharper at full telephoto. Rats, rats, rats.

I'm officially jealous.

test-zoom.jpg

test-wide.jpg

Congrats, mrsid99. The 10D is a great camera. I'm looking forward to your future pictures...

photogoddess said:
Welcome to the 10D owners club! :D

Thank you, thank you!
Do you think we could talk Chase into us having our own section on the forum?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back