I got my First Photographer Spam Today

~Stella~

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone ever tried mass marketing emails? I've never seen one for photography services (besides places like Olan Mills, etc.) before. I assume I'm on some sort of targeted list for people with kids. It's surely cheap marketing, but does it work?

This is the one I got...it's on my pb account. Not sure if I can direct post, since it is an ad and it was in my inbox, but whatever:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/TexaLex1998/Evin_Thayer_Studios.jpg

The other thing is as a potential first time customer, this one really doesn't make me want to drive the 80 miles to the beach - I think it's the $299 listed next to "1 5x7" that's the turn off. Otherwise, it looks pretty nice I think.

Stella:

It's kind of like the traditional "junk mail" we all get in our mailbox each day. Or the infomercials you see on television. It/they does work, or people wouldn't be sending it. Considering that you can send out 10,000 e-mails for under $10... if you're selling a $300 product... you only need a handful of people (or, in fact, just one) to respond before you're making a really nice return on investment.

Of course, the real spammers aren't sending out 10,000 e-mails... they're sending out tens of millions. And laughing all the way to the bank, I'm guessing.

I should add that I have no intention of employing this device because I don't do this commercially - I was just interested in the concept.

Also, since you can click on the ad, I would think it would be a decent way to funnel traffic to your website and more effective at that than mass-mailed fliers.

And at least this junk mail is more environmentally friendly. ;)

Most reactions

Back