I got my new lens.

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
50mm 1.8 I love it! Here is the first pic I took with it.
Please ignore my name on it. :)
jimmywallrad.jpg

Congrats. Working with a shallow DOF and good glass, sure is a treat, isn't it?

Yeah! Seems like I waited forever to have it. My mom bought it for me, there was a catch though. I HATE weddings and she said she would only buy it for me if I would shoot her friend's daughter's wedding. They don't have money for one so I'm it. Ugh! LOL I like doing favors though and it's worth it for the lens alone! :)

I really like this shot. I love my 50/1.8 also. It gets used now more than any of my other lenses.

Congratulations!
I am in love with my 50mm 1.8 lens, too!
At first I still stuck more to the lens I was used to but now things are shifting more and more towards the prime lens. The results look strikingly different, too.
Good for you to be having a mom who "forces" the lens "upon you" :D!

I really like this shot. I love my 50/1.8 also. It gets used now more than any of my other lenses.

Yeah I think mine will be stuck on there for a while. ;)

Tcimageswhat a cute shot. Congrats on the lens
Thanks, I am very excited. :)

oldnavy170Your photo looks great Kathi. Its nice to have a lens this fast, isn't it?!!! :)

Thanks, yes it is. I took some pics in the house - no flash, just to see and I was like HOLY CRAP!!!! haha :)

LaFotoCongratulations!
I am in love with my 50mm 1.8 lens, too!
At first I still stuck more to the lens I was used to but now things are shifting more and more towards the prime lens. The results look strikingly different, too.
Good for you to be having a mom who "forces" the lens "upon you" :D!
Yeah, ha. It was nice for her to get it for me and I must admit that now that I have it I actually want to do the wedding because I need things to take pictures of with my new lens. :)

Hey,

You are going to end up using this lens more then any other I can almost guarantee it. It is my absolute favorite.

And the photo you took is really good too.

When you are outside with good light, try to set your apature around 5 and you will still get a very nice dof.

Hey,

You are going to end up using this lens more then any other I can almost guarantee it. It is my absolute favorite.

And the photo you took is really good too.

When you are outside with good light, try to set your apature around 5 and you will still get a very nice dof.

Hey I thought you dissapeared! LOL Thanks for the comments, I did 2.0 for this one but I only did it because I could.haha ;)

Looks great! Did you stop posting at ILP??? :(

No, no not at all. I love it! I actually didn't post anywhere too much because my uncle died and I was too sad. :( But photography being like therapy to me (lol) I did go shoot a 'trash the dress' but I wasn't sure about the content being appropriate for ILP. ;)

I did 2.0 for this one but I only did it because I could.haha ;)

I'm glad you used the 2.0 and not 5 as suggested. I think the DOF is perfect for this composure. The face is really highlighted & brought out of the picture. I've been using 4.0 for my portraits only b/c my kids are so squirmy & it's hard to keep them in the DOF - I wish I could go lower.

I'm glad you used the 2.0 and not 5 as suggested. I think the DOF is perfect for this composure. The face is really highlighted & brought out of the picture. I've been using 4.0 for my portraits only b/c my kids are so squirmy & it's hard to keep them in the DOF - I wish I could go lower.

Thanks, :). I know what you mean about squirmy kids LOL I have a one year old. She's a tough one!

2.8.... it's a magic number aperture. Try it ;) I got your PM but I'll have to reply later!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back