I got some new stuff ... (thumbs nose at Dany)

dxqcanada

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, not as cool as Dany's new find (and all of his other finds) ... this is the new broken stuff that I got ...

Olympus-35 SP
Olympus35sp_DxO.jpg

Canon QL17 G-III
CanonQl17GIII_DxO.jpg

Franke & Heidecke Rolleicord III
rolleicord_DxO-1.jpg

Three of my favorites (though I don't have a Rolleicord at the moment).

Sticky shutters?

Yeah, oddly I do not pay much attention to cameras until I want to buy one ... I recently found out that the Olympus and Canon are pretty good at what they do.

Olympus had broken self timer lever.
Canon, possibly sticky shutter
Rolleicord ... just all around mechanically busted.

I droll with envy looking at the Rolleicord
My keyboard is all wet......

Ah, I envy the numerous camera's that you got a hold of.
I'll trade you my one Rolleicord for all your stuff ?

Super nice trio! Had the loan of a rolleiflex 3.5 F but only had the chance to shoot a couple of rolls before it went back home. Have a basket case QL17, will be watching your blog on that one.

Ok, it appears that I just bought an old Leitz Summicron M-mount 5cm f/2 collapsible lens with ugly elements ... hmm, I am tempted to keep it (if I can clean it up) and use it with my NEX-6, but that means I would need to buy an adapter ... and I don't think I would really use it ... hmmmmm :confused:

What's the problem with it ? Mine is mostly working so I may not try to take it completely apart ... but I could take a peak at something if you point it out.

Main problem is the film transfer / shutter mechanism. The advance lever winds intermittently and the shutter doesn't trip at all. I removed top and bottom plates looking for the obvious like bent levers and broken or unhooked springs then put it away for a time I can spend longer with further disassembly. Someone had attempted to take the lens assembly apart at one time judging by the way the rings are beat up. It would be no big deal if I didn't get it going, it's just that I have heard lots about this camera and wanted to find out for myself what the fuss was about.

Ah, sounds the shutter blades.
The one I am working on has a sticky aperture and shutter blades.
I noticed that sometimes the shutter blades get stuck ... if I put slight pressure on them, it trips ... so this tells me that there is substance on them to make them stick. The easiest way of getting to the shutter blades is by removing the rear lens group ... then wash'n work the blades.
It is not easy to take this apart to do a real cleaning.

I had a G-III back when. Difficult to focus but super quiet shutter release and great image quality!

I tried to wash, the shutter out first but from the front. Remember that there was really no access. The whole innards are extremely dirty so taking top and bottom off will be useful. Aperture blades are frozen as well. Thanks for the tip about opening up from the rear. I'll try and not wreck anything and if all doesn't go well I'll ship it off to you for parts.

IMGP1293s.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back