I got to shoot and out of this world model today!

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
536014987_zZEUf-XL.jpg

She didn't talk much... kind of made me nervous. She just stood there and stared at me.

I was actually just playing with my new 50mm lens... the wife wouldn't step into the lights for me.

Hahahahaa.

I was playing with my food tonight...

BeanPlate.jpg

...and my new 50mm lense :D

Congrats on the new lens!

Wow, you went for the 50 1.2 L? I'm so happy with my 1.4 that for me it would be hard to justify the expense. But you don't slow down when it comes to nice equipment!

Sort of out of topic but, how much are you using the 17-40? I really enjoyed it as brief as it was, but if I were to get it, I don't know how much I would really use it.

Looking forward to your super narrow DOF pics!

Why does it have to be a she?

(and i'm getting MY new 50mm lens later this week!)

Hahahahaa.

BeanPlate.jpg

What is this? Looks like a heart attack on a plate?

Wow, you went for the 50 1.2 L? I'm so happy with my 1.4 that for me it would be hard to justify the expense. But you don't slow down when it comes to nice equipment!

Sort of out of topic but, how much are you using the 17-40? I really enjoyed it as brief as it was, but if I were to get it, I don't know how much I would really use it.

Looking forward to your super narrow DOF pics!
I have the 50mm f/1.4 too and it's a great lens. I bought it because I couldn't get my hands on a 50L... they are IMPOSSIBLE to find! I was on a waiting list at B&H forever and Adorama never got one in either. Amazon had them for anywhere from $1,700 to $3,000!!! I didn't want one that bad. I got mine for $1400, which is the same price as from B&H so it was worth the wait and all the shopping.

Side by side there is very little difference. Sharpness wise I would say they are pretty evenly matched. I did notice more color saturation and sharper contrast in the 50L vs. the f/1.4. Here's a sample of what I mean:

50L:

535777121_K99Ht-M.jpg

Then I swapped out the f/1.4 in about 30 seconds:

535777093_P6eU8-M.jpg

This was using my 5DMk2. I did this several times (3) and each time the results were exactly the same. I then grabbed by 1D and it too yielded the exact same results.

Is the 50L worth over 3x's the cost? I would say no for the most part. A couple of minutes in Lightroom and these images would look pretty much identical.

I think the f/1.4 is an amazing lens for the money, one of the best in Canon's affordable line-up.

Here they are side by side:

535813168_RzuC6-M.jpg

Why does it have to be a she?

(and i'm getting MY new 50mm lens later this week!)
You had to ask...

Because I found myself strangely attracted to *her*. I would hate to think I was lusting after a guy.

:D

Hahahahaa.

BeanPlate.jpg

Nice shot. Looks like your 50 is serving you well. :) Congrats on your new toy.

I have to agree though, that's not exactly health food. I'm so used to eating chicken/veggies at every meal and drinking nothing but water that this would probably kill me. :)

I forgot to respond to this.

I really like my 17-40. I would only get rid of it to replace it with a 16-35... which I may do at some point.

I plan on using it this weekend on a model shoot. I love the images it produces on the wide end using a full frame camera.

That models cool, after you took his picture, did you take him to your leader?

That models cool, after you took his picture, did you take him to your leader?
It's a *she* damn it! :D

I honestly don't remember much actually. I have a vague memory of a bright light, then I woke up naked in a corn field next to a mutilated cow. I lost about 8 hours of time.

Strange night.

see if you can get her to do some nudes next time....i wanna see what's doin' under there :D

see if you can get her to do some nudes next time....i wanna see what's doin' under there :D
I got some pics of her completely neekid... Well, topless anyway.

WARNING: NSFW!!!

536305455_Euwxh-L.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back