'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yes, bacon smelling lottery tickets
New Hampshire launches bacon-smelling lottery ticket - MarketWatch
6oasMAgV5y7U7jQReu8_44-BqAzddrCh7JT384NSPLNavFS0heeggce8Dx_V1NNppmmO=s152

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — Scratch a New Hampshire lottery ticket for a smell of bacon.

The state is selling bacon-scented “I heart bacon” scratch-and-sniff cards for $1, with a maximum payoff of $1,000.

Odds of winning at least $1 are one in 4.12, according to the NH Lottery website. Scratch, get a whiff of that bacon-scented ink and then find a heart symbol, and get the prize amount shown. A bacon symbol doubles the amount.

The state lottery also is going around the state with a bacon truck offering up free slices of the real thing.

New Hampshire isn’t the first state to try scented lottery cards. In 2008, for example, theColorado Lottery sold floral, chocolate and coffee-scented $3 scratch-and-sniff crossword cards.

And for those who can’t get enough bacon, there’s always this bacon-scented pillow.

New Hampshire is already inspiring others:

Yes, bacon smelling lottery tickets
New Hampshire launches bacon-smelling lottery ticket - MarketWatch
6oasMAgV5y7U7jQReu8_44-BqAzddrCh7JT384NSPLNavFS0heeggce8Dx_V1NNppmmO=s152

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — Scratch a New Hampshire lottery ticket for a smell of bacon.

The state is selling bacon-scented “I heart bacon” scratch-and-sniff cards for $1, with a maximum payoff of $1,000.

Odds of winning at least $1 are one in 4.12, according to the NH Lottery website. Scratch, get a whiff of that bacon-scented ink and then find a heart symbol, and get the prize amount shown. A bacon symbol doubles the amount.

The state lottery also is going around the state with a bacon truck offering up free slices of the real thing.

New Hampshire isn’t the first state to try scented lottery cards. In 2008, for example, theColorado Lottery sold floral, chocolate and coffee-scented $3 scratch-and-sniff crossword cards.

And for those who can’t get enough bacon, there’s always this bacon-scented pillow.

New Hampshire is already inspiring others:
Bacon, New Hampshire . . . reminds me of the only breakfast I had in New Hampshire. We were actually staying in Vermont, but couldn't find a diner-type place for breakfast. A little research turned up the Four Aces Diner, in New Hampshire, just across the border. When we got there things looked good. The diner was actually constructed around an old dining car. Inside, however, things took a quick turn for the worst. A sign on the wall proclaimed, "We're not Burger King. You can't have it your way here. Have it our way or don't have it at all." Another sign instructed that "We do breakfast and we do lunch. We DON'T DO BRUNCH." Feeling that we might be required to show our papers any time, we still sat down at a table, intrigued by the level of hospitality shown. On the menu was listing for home-baked bread. My wife asked for some of the home-baked bread, toasted, with her eggs (and bacon - see there was a connection). The waitress sneered an informed us that the home-baked bread was all gone because the tourists snapped it up. This was at 7:30am, and the only other people in the Four Aces were two non-tourists in overalls.
I have more pleasant memories of New Hampshire, such as the St. Gaudens house, but none that bring more of a smile to my face than the Four Aces Diner.

Did they say that only the winning ones smell bacon and all the rest smell differently?

So I suppose if you don't win you can at least eat the ticket......

I guess they do what ever it takes to get people to visit NH. ;)

Most reactions

Back