I guess there's a first time for everything (Engagement pics)

JOAT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about taking these kinds of pictures but I've always wanted to try. So when my friend asked me to take their pics I was both nervous and excited since it was my first time. Those of you who know me mostly see my wildlife pics so this was definitely new to me.

Anyway, I'm still in the process of doing some touch ups and post where necessary but I thought I'd like to post them and get some feedback. There are quite a few but I'll only post a few.

I still have to fix the sky on this one
chrissy-phil01.jpg

chrissy-phil40.jpg

chrissy-phil62.jpg

chrissy-phil63.jpg

chrissy-phil80.jpg

chrissy-phil96.jpg

chrissy-phil99.jpg

chrissy-phil13.jpg

chrissy-phil27.jpg

chrissy-phil36.jpg

Those are very nice. I think you did good!

No1 - Nice but looks pretty dark - underexposed? - What's wrong with the sky?

No2 - Is also a nice composition but it's severely under exposed.

No3 - There's a theme going on here. Looks dark and under exposed but another nice composition. (Are you using a calibrated monitor?)

No4, No5 & No6 - Ditto the above although 5 isn't too bad.

No7 looks far better regards exposure.

Nos 8 & 9 are both again severely under exposed and again compositions are great.

No10 - This is a cracking shot although perhaps very slightly over exposed. I think you see too much of the girls arm. If it was darkened slightly it seems to have more punch.

THese are really great images that could be a lot better. Compositionally they are all excellent and it's just the exposure that seems to be off. How did you shoot these?

Regards
Jim

THanx for the feedback guys.

Jim on most of these shots they were brighter and by the request of my friend they wanted it slightly darker, I think they will feel differently whne I show them a proof.

I'd show them one exposed correctly against one of the above to show them how much difference there is. As I say I loved all the compositions.

First time you say? Well doesn't look like the your first time. I love the sunset photo!!!! Nice work!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back