I hate it when this happens

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A very dull grey day & the bird is set back in the tree out of the light & I am shooting with a slow lens (300/5.6). It is picking bits off a berry & tossing its head back to swallow. I tried to catch this with ISO 200 only 1/125s @ f5.6. I got motion blur & what really spoiled it was I missed the focus. :( It was tossing the bit of berry up & catching it on his/her tongue. What a shot to screw up.

P1070258sm.jpg

Lol don't we all. I've had so many good shot ruined by this. I heard on the news the other day that there's this program that lets your change the focus on a picture even after its taken.

Yes, I am sure we all get shots that are OOF but this was so disappointing because it is a shot that I will not likely ever get again.

do you know a good artist ... get it painted :)

^^ lol :)

That has to suck. That split second the bird is throwing the berry up into the air, that does not last for very long! You might have missed the focus, and you might have a big branch in front of the bird, but you still got a great capture, in my humble opinion. You can see what's going on. Anyway, something to tell your grandchildren, the day you missed the focus :) something good comes from everything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back