I hate not being prepared!

Nevermore1

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Left work today and saw this little guy hanging out in the storm drainage ditch by my truck. I really wish I had my lens that had some a little better range on it and a flash (stupid me forgot to put up the on camera flash, I did get my external flash in the mail today though) since it was raining and very overcast. Normally I would have just gone down a little into the ditch but there was a big pile of snow between me and the ditch and I injured my hip yesterday and can barely walk as it is right now.

A co-worker told me a few weeks ago she had seen him and this was the first time I've seen him. Hopefully I'll see him again soon and either have my longer lens with me or be able to move a little better. These were both taken on auto setting as I didn't really have time to mess with my settings since he saw me and very quickly went underwater, I figured I'd take what I could and worry about getting something better next time. I know these aren't very good but I'm making myself post them since I am always hesitant to do so. If I wait for a photo I think is good I'll never post anything and therefore not learn as much!

$Beaver_1.jpg

$Beaver_2.jpg

You can only shoot with what you have, it happens to me all the time. So what were you using to get these and what lens are you going to use to get him next time ?

I was using the kit lens that came with my 70D (18-135mm), I've cropped out quite a bit of the surrounding area from these. I have a lens that goes to 300mm (I can't remember the exact range right now) which I'll probably stash in the truck for a bit in case I see him again soon. Normally I wouldn't have had any issues just going down in the ditch to try to get a little closer but since I can barely walk right now that won't happen for at least a few days (I'd better be feeling better in a few days, I have bad knees also and this really sucks!). I'll go back and re-edit these when I'm feeling better also - I'm a little high on muscle relaxers so I didn't do a very good job of it.

Most reactions

Back