I Hate Reading!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
University!
And the local council too!
Firstly the university is all over the place - secondly the local council has signposted all the different campuses as "UoR" ------

Ergo one can end up walking miles to the wrong one - only to have to take a bus to the main uni centre (which appears to be a ghost university today -- had to retreat to the one place on a campus that would not be closed - the bar!)
From there I had to travel across the campus again to reach my destination - where upon I had to remain on my feet as I did the sciency stuff!

All because two signposts to UoR look exactly the same at crossroads!
and I have to go back there monday.................................

Aye!

I remember the place ... it is like UoR fungus is spreading all over the place ... quite confusing ;)

try living in the pit then

Sorry, I thought you meant reading as in reading a book ;)

Was there in 2002 for the rock fest - quite enjoyed it from what I remember, but quite frankly that isn't much given the alcohol intake I had - not to mention other substances I consumed ;)

the only thing that kept me sane was Moving Pictures (Terry Pratchett!) on the train there and back!

Must say I don't think I could live in any urban area and be happy -- just too much urban and too many people!

the only thing that kept me sane was Moving Pictures (Terry Pratchett!) on the train there and back!

Must say I don't think I could live in any urban area and be happy -- just too much urban and too many people!

I am always torn between countryside and urban/big city. I want the advantages of both apparently ;)

meh shops and stuff like that are about the only bonus to me of a city ( not much of a nightclub person me - and I prefer my pubs more traditional and less filled with students ;))
and with teh internets and the wonders of online ordering I have less need of cities - food though is a problem......

hang on a min, you mean you got off a train at Reading and didn't wonder into my little shop?????

hehe I thought that question was going to come sooner ;)
Nope I got off a Early since that is closer to the campus I was aiming for (though missed!) than the Reading Station is - so I was a longways from the town center - and I have work to do that needs doing - so no shop time :(
(very annoying for me since whilst I have not yet camera funds I am trying to get a book that appears to not be in any bookstore near me - and the reading waterstones is large!)

both of them are large

they have two????
now that is just plain greedy!
I mean Egham has nothing! and whilst stains is better its not somewhere I like to freaquent in winter (the lights go out quicker and then the creatures in the night appear!)

oh yes, chav central

and the greatness they boast of?
Being the home of that AliG person (and who has heard of him recently!)

Most reactions

Back