I HATE YOU ALL… I’M LEAVING!

c.cloudwalker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just kidding. About the hate.

I am however kind of leaving to take care of my next project. Most probably won’t have much time to post here but I wanted to say it’s been fun (well, not always :grumpy:), it’s been a learning experience (I’ve learned I do not want to spend the time to learn to do digital PP and will hire a PP person for my studio but I will have a darkroom for my film work as there’s nothing like the smell of D-76 in the morning…), I have seen some very, very beautiful photos and, I’ve “met” some interesting people. All this, to me, makes this place pretty nice.

I guess it is another way of saying that when you feel like bashing this place, take a step away from your computer, take a deep breath, think of how hard it is to actually run one of those forums (or ask i… or M… who have given a shot at creating their own), pour yourself a stiff one and only come back when you are a little more light hearted. It is only a forum. Nothing that is said here truly, really matters. :D

But forums are places to learn, at least for me, and I’ve joined some to learn from more experienced people just like I joined this one to share my experience with photography and, to a lesser degree, the arts. Some people have figured out that I’m not just blowing hot air, some haven’t. Some also seem to resent the fact that I was and soon will be again a pro. Frankly it doesn’t matter to me because I feel like I’ve helped some members and that is a great feeling.

No matter what, I will be keeping an eye on this place to, at the very least, see what happens to members I think have potential. Some of them I’ve had personal chats with and I will try to keep on helping them as much as I can. Others, I’ve never talked to outside of threads but… maybe I will in the future. And, to be honest, who knows when someone will show up here that I can hire.

Anyway, enough sentimental BS. A forum is a place to learn so, here are a few tips for newbies or whoever.

1. Read your manual.

2. READ IT AGAIN! No kidding, I learned photography from manuals.

3. Read it again while shooting photos. Do that until you get the basic principles.

4. Learn the rules (I call them guidelines as there are no rules in photography) until they become a part of you and you don’t think about them. Only then can you go outside the box.

5. Don’t go outside the box if you don’t yet know where the box is.

6. Once you leave the box, have fun. Photography (and the arts in general) is supposed to be fun. If you’re not having fun, go find something else to do. I had fun doing commercial work and I see no reason why it’s not going to happen again in the new studio.

Cheers

It's been fun dude. Happy trails........

See ya around, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

Please do keep us up to date on all your work. I would love to one day see some of your art. Take care and hope to see you around soon.

Good luck c.cloudwalker! And don't forget to drop back in to say hi every now and again! :)

The manual of anything electronic to me is like a sappy romance novel to the common housewife. I love them. So I can't agree with you more about reading it over and over.

Lol, good point on number 5. I prefer to think of training and the learning process as a graphic EQ myself rather then a box. You can stay centered on the different aspects (frequencies of the EQ) in photography until you have them down. But once you get one figured out you can adjust and experiment with that aspect further and further from the norm while continuing to get the basics for the rest.

I like 4 as well. "Guidelines", very fitting.

Good luck on that project of yours and do stop back in when you get the chance and or things settle down a bit!

Happy shooting no matter where you end up.
Your insight, thoughts and up front and honest discussions will be missed

But..but..but, you just got here!!! Summer of 2009? And you are leaving already? Well, we'll miss you. Good luck in all your endeavors.

Alright Cloud! Good luck on the Pro Circuit. There's lots of money to be made and customers to be satisfied!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back