I have a challenge for you. (can you recover this massively blown out picture)

Someone might be able to go arty with it - but as an image itself its lost. The white areas are totally blown out - there is no detail present to claw back in editing. When a digital camera overexposes all it captures is white - just like underexposure is nothing but black. You can't pull details out of those areas because those details were never captured.
Sorry - like I said someone might be able to go all arty with it

Unless it's RAW format, no. With jpegs, what's lost is lost.

RAW is the same - you get a tiny bit more dynamic range to work with and can claw back a little more from areas only just blowing out - but still blown out is blown out and all there is is white

Yup, the picture is a wash... delete and move on.

yep that was my thinking just figured id ask.

i gave it a shot because i'm procrastinating during finals week. of course there wasn't much that could be done but its still a cool photo to share with friends.

j8k4fq.jpg

Is that U2?

That's actually what I was trying to get at... If your friend sends you more photos of U2 you should probably just delete them and tell him to do whatever he can to erase that concert from his memory.

I couldn't sleep so I had a little go, mind you I dont think I improved it much, but today someone said I should make one of my photos black and white, so I thought I would give this a little go

fix%20ita.jpg

Most reactions

Back