I have a confession

Stevepwns

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jacobeastonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are one the only animals I wish I could shoot at will. Where I live they are everywhere and cover the sidewalks with feces. Going for a walk in the evening is impossible with these bastards running around. But they stand up real nice for a picture....like they know or something.

Harrisburg1 Goose-04369 by Jake aka Stevepwns, on Flickr

Cool.. I'd warm the shot up a bit and shoot a bit lower.. but at least you have plenty of subjects.

Oh Yeah! One of these days -- Xmas goose!

Your camera was set to auto white balance and in LR you processed the photo with the white balance "As Shot." The camera software really can't tell what color the light is when you take a photo so auto white balance is a lot of hit or miss -- mostly miss. I'm pretty sure your geese were this color:

$goose.jpg

In LR experiment with the white balance dropper tool -- you've got some grey points on the geese that will get you pretty close like their beaks and feet.

Joe

[So you remind me of a story; Back in 2001 my son and I were canoeing down the Upper Mississippi. There are 13 dams up there and when you reach one it's portage time. Everything out of the canoe, lug it around, back for more, lug it around, go get the canoe, lug it around -- #&$^&#*%@!

When we got to St. Cloud MN the city park beside the dam had been taken over by these creatures. We pulled the canoe in to the portage site to find the entire park lawn befouled so badly that we could hardly stand up and walk. Then it occurred to us we didn't have to empty the canoe. We tied a long rope to the front and just pulled it around -- it slid easily over the "greased" lawn.]

Your camera was set to auto white balance and in LR you processed the photo with the white balance "As Shot." The camera software really can't tell what color the light is when you take a photo so auto white balance is a lot of hit or miss -- mostly miss. I'm pretty sure your geese were this color:

View attachment 50148

In LR experiment with the white balance dropper tool -- you've got some grey points on the geese that will get you pretty close like their beaks and feet.

Joe

[So you remind me of a story; Back in 2001 my son and I were canoeing down the Upper Mississippi. There are 13 dams up there and when you reach one it's portage time. Everything out of the canoe, lug it around, back for more, lug it around, go get the canoe, lug it around -- #&$^&#*%@!

When we got to St. Cloud MN the city park beside the dam had been taken over by these creatures. We pulled the canoe in to the portage site to find the entire park lawn befouled so badly that we could hardly stand up and walk. Then it occurred to us we didn't have to empty the canoe. We tied a long rope to the front and just pulled it around -- it slid easily over the "greased" lawn.]

Ok Ill definitely look into that. Thanks for the tip.

View attachment 50148

I'm not to sure about the W/B correction here. We too have gaggles of these fellows, and I thought they were more a blackish color then a brown, but maybe not :confused:

We have these out at Lake Hefner all over the place .. several of our metro lakes actually. The color is accurate in the correction.

View attachment 50148

I'm not to sure about the W/B correction here. We too have gaggles of these fellows, and I thought they were more a blackish color then a brown, but maybe not :confused:

They are a little darker than that but closer to that, than how dark I have it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back