I have a d5100 with weird menu tab names

pepgirlz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been a lurker here and have tried the search but I have not found a answer yet. So can some one help?I just bought a Nikon d5100. I really like it so for except for the star track style names on the menu tabs. For example : If the camera decides that the lighting is to dark it says " Dark side of force" another one is Death star codes and Go to Dagobah Luke these 2 are under Hyperdrive. I do have examples on my flicker account if you want to see. Is there any way to change these? I am just not into star wars. Thanks Jean Flicker New Nikon - a set on Flickr

Attachments

• $IMG_0099.jpg
    $IMG_0099.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 137
I got a nickel that says you bought it used.

The code for the D5100 was hacked a while back. You might try a factory reset, or reinstall the firmware.

If you did buy it used, I'd say you might try asking for a refund.

Yes I owe you a nickel I did buy it used. How do you do a factory reset? or reinstall the firmware?

Start by reading the User's Manual, it's on the software disc as a PDF file. You can download the User's Manual and the most recent firmware version at NikonUSA.com, if you didn't get the software disc with the camera.
Nikon Product Manuals available for download

Go to the Index pages 238 -239, see Firmware version - 175,Reset - 52, 152, 157.

Thank you for the fast replies I just
reinstalled the firmware and it worked!!!! Happy Dance! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Jean

I'm glad you got it figured out. You wouldn't want all those Star Track names on your camera forever. :er:

I'm glad you got it figured out. You wouldn't want all those Star Track names on your camera forever. :er:

It's Star Wars, not Star Trek. Star Trek would be "Photon Torpedoes" and "Tricorder" and "Transporter" and "That is Most Illogical" and "Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a camera!!!!" and "Aye, Cap'n.... I'm givin' 'er all she's got, but me dilithium crystals; 'ey won' 'old out much longa'".

I see that now my husband would have corrected me right away if he was here. He was a Trecky through and through.

It's Star Wars, not Star Trek. Star Trek would be "Photon Torpedoes" and "Tricorder" and "Transporter" and "That is Most Illogical" and "Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a camera!!!!" and "Aye, Cap'n.... I'm givin' 'er all she's got, but me dilithium crystals; 'ey won' 'old out much longa'".

I think Big Mike was just pointing out what the OP had called it, "Star Track." Sounds more like one of those "reality" TV shows with wannabe singers, if you ask me.

Personally, when I saw that screen "Dark Side of Force" I was tempted to trade D5100s with the OP, because I think that just rocks! :lmao:
Although, given my choice, I'd definitely go with the Star Trek themed ones like sparky's--I may have to get my son to root the thing just so when the battery gets too low, it'll say "It's dead, Jim" But I also MUST find a use for the "Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a camera!" line too. :lmao:

Or in going to the "retouch" menu, "Dammit, Jim, I'm a camera, not a doctor!"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back