I HAVE A NEW MODEL.............

oldnavy170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And she is not a child. :) LOL! I am very proud of this one. However, I do know that there are blades of grass in her face and she has a shadow on her chin. Even with those downsides I am still very happy. So what do you think?

savy2.jpg

i think your getting better everyday!

BUT, i also think this is a little cartoonish on the processing, and i don't like that unless its taken to the max. i tend to enjoy photos that look like straight photos.

edit:i think it would be better if the background was solid also.

you already know what things to fix (although i don't think the blades of grass are bad)

I actually didn't do much post processing with this one. I decreased the highlights and added some contrast. I also sharpened her eyes (and eyelashes as was suggested to me in a previous post) (see, I do pay attention to everyones advice :) )

Thanks for the comments. Since I got my DSLR my goal is to learn and soak in as much as I can.

I am your sponge.....:D

i feel like there was some shadow/highlight play that makes it look a little fake . . . but i could be wrong!

At first I thought you were talking about her eyes since I sharpened them because that is the first thing I see in this photo.....her eyes.

I do enjoy your comments. Thanks.

When you're working in broad daylight, use fill flash. We all hate direct flash, but in the middle of the day, done correctly, it looks better than really contrasty shadows on the subject. If you can't part with that, get yourself a reflector and/or some strobes, those work even better.

Oh OldNavy this one is really nice. I love her eyes and her skin tone looks great. :thumbup: Good job. ;)

Nice shot.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little skin smoothing done. Some people don't like it, but if you are going for a fashion/model type look...it's a pretty standard thing to do.

Also, I don't like that we are looking right up her nose, that caught my attention and now that's the first thing I see.

Could I risk getting on the bad side of all the experts here and say the only think I would have done differently and it is very minor is to have positioned myself just slight left of where you were. Just to give it a ever so slight downward angle to reduce the nostril effect. But most likely I wouldn't have thought of that till I saw the shots. Sorry if this isn't the brightest of comments.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little skin smoothing done. Some people don't like it, but if you are going for a fashion/model type look...it's a pretty standard thing to do.

Also, I don't like that we are looking right up her nose, that caught my attention and now that's the first thing I see.

I agree with Mike. Although its a very nice image and you can really see a lot detail, I would touch up the skin a bit more so that its a bit softer and flattering.

I also agree with both Mike and Mysteryscribe regarding the nose. Moving slightly to the left would have decreased the nostril effect.

But as it stands, she is a very lovely model and the eyes are GREAT! Nice job oldnavy. :D

NJ

Hey I really like number 2 in that set. Good job!

Great set. Your first post is an awesome shot. I gave it more of a glamour look.

IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums

savy2.jpg

Most reactions

Back