I HAVE A NEW MODEL.............

Wow, that looks so great. Can you tell me how to do that in PS. I try but it never works for me. Thanks.

You should've told the model to smile more IMO.

Wow, that looks so great. Can you tell me how to do that in PS. I try but it never works for me. Thanks.

Blur it in a adjustment layer then brush back in what you would like to stay sharp. You can then lower the opacity if it's too much on other parts, as some times it creates too much of a glow on bright clothing, etc.

the first shot looks good...doesnt look a bit cartoonish to me....the glamour looked that someone applied is over done...she looks like a mannequin...keep in natural....looks lovely!

Great set. Your first post is an awesome shot. I gave it more of a glamour look.

IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums

savy2.jpg

I would also suggest cutting the grass...in Photoshop that is. :wink:

skieur

the first shot looks good...doesnt look a bit cartoonish to me....the glamour looked that someone applied is over done...she looks like a mannequin...keep in natural....looks lovely!

I agree. It is a bit overdone for my taste. I wouldn't have pushed the effect quite so far. However, thats only my opinion. If you like it (or more importantly, the customer likes it), then go for it.

NJ

A lot of the shots featured a huge blownout white spot in the dress, and it was distracting. It's not ALWAYS a bad thing, it looks fine in the black and white, but in the others I feel like I have to shield my eyes it's so bright.

The largest problem I see here is the facial expressions. You have to direct your model, I know it's tough the first time I had to do it I was nervous.

The trick is to not tell your model an emotion or face to make. Don't say "Look Sexy" but say "look at the camera as if it's someone you want to come kiss" or something along those lines. (And always say look at the camera, not look at me.)

Also, some other things to try is to NOT have your model look directly into the camera with every shot. Sometimes the best shots are the ones where she isn't even FACING the camera.

By the way the picture on your flickr entitled "BEAUTY" is just that, and a great shot. The post processing effects really make the colors pop. One thing to learn about colors is try to keep the number of colors in the photo down to two or three, and the closer to primary colors the better. For example the colors in your photo entitled "Savy 3" don't pop because in addition to the models skin there are about 5 or 6 other colors, and it makes it distracting... Look back at "Beauty" In addition to the skin you have her blue eyes, her red lips and the green grass. Her hair is neutral.

Of course, sometimes you have to break that rule but it REALLY helps in colored photos. Tell the models to wear two colors if shooting against a solid background like black or white (unless that have some really red hair), or one color if outside for a grass/beach shot.

Back to this model. The harsh lighting on the skin is tough to compete with and can be softened using a diffuser or by doing some post process to the piece to soften and maybe warm it up.

My edit:

girlingrassum0.jpg

Thanks RM, I do appreciate the advice. I have to admit that I was worried when my model decided to wear a white dress that it was just going to be too much. It was 6pm at night and SUPER hot outside and the sun was just blazing!!!!!

I admit that I still have alot to learn on exposure. However, I am getting the metering of my camera down pretty good.

I will be doing another shoot this Monday with the same girl so I hope to have some good ones to show.

Most reactions

Back