I have a suggestion.

primefactor123

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
People should be able to delete their own threads. (only if nobody else has posted in it) I'm just putting the idea out there. What do you guys think? Yes, it would make a very minor adjustment to the site, but it's all about the small details. I'll let you guys think about it.

@stapo49 Thx for dropping a like. What do you think of my suggestion?

@stapo49 Thx for dropping a like. What do you think of my suggestion?
I was actually surprised when I first joined this site that you couldn't do it. Sometimes you look at an image you posted and wish you could take it back lol. It would also give me a chance to correct my spelling and grammar after posting while consuming to much Tequila.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

There are times when you need to change the title too... and start all over again..

@terri I would assume you have final say in this suggestion because you are the head admin (as far as I know). I think my idea would come in handy. What do you think?

Members can go back and edit their threads, which should take care of any misspellings or other changes. That doesn't include the ability to edit the title, which can be annoying, and I'm not sure why the software is designed like that. However, it's easy enough to report on and get a moderator to do it.

As a general rule, removing threads from public viewing has been a moderator-only function. A thread has to have zero site value to no longer be counted with the rest of the site's statistical logs (such as spam), and these must be staff decisions.

Please continue to report any thread that you want deleted, so the team can have a look. Thanks!

You can go back and edit any part of your post including the thread title.

Yes, I pointed out that bit about editing one's own posts, but does that, in fact, include one's own thread title? That would be lovely. I know all the versions of v Bulletin we went through didn't allow it, and of course I can't test it personally. Since we still get requests to make title changes/fix typos, I thought it was the same with xen Foro.

Yes, I pointed out that bit about editing one's own posts, but does that, in fact, include one's own thread title? That would be lovely. I know all the versions of v Bulletin we went through didn't allow it, and of course I can't test it personally. Since we still get requests to make title changes/fix typos, I thought it was the same with xen Foro.

Yes, if you click on a thread for which you are the OP, you can hover over "Thread Tools" and the options "Edit Title" and "Add Poll" appear.

Yes, that's how it appears for me (along with several other permissions).

So this is good news! All members can edit their own thread titles, along with editing their own posts.

Now we can tell folks who ask for editing to do it themselves. :icon_cheers: Less work = a banner day! Thanks, Zulu!

And Stapo, you can delete your photo from a thread. Of course then your comment may not make sense without it! especially if you're having a pitcher of daquiris while posting! lol

As far as deleting the thread, you could just edit the first post and remove all but a single character. Of course, if the post was quoted, the text will live on.

Just PM one of the mods and they will discuss it.

@snowbear What do you mean? I can actually PM one of the mods? How?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back