No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
FINALLY I BOUGHT A 7D!!!
:smileys::smileys:

Upgrading from a XTi, wow what a difference... I also bought a 8GB 600x lexar CF card, wow what a difference that made over my old "Extreme III" from sandisk .

Cool autofocus system, just figured out how to switch between them with the M.Fn button. Got some cool video stuff, its not something major I do, but never had video except my phone, soooo excited... Love the ISO performance over my XTi. Tried some images at ISO 400, amazed as the photos compared to my old camera, woooot lol...

/rant

Good for you. Enjoy that new camera smell!!! And also enjoy that new camera euphoria!!

You need a battery grip now ! :)
Have fun going through the menus and stuff - far more custom options and controls over the rebels

You need a battery grip now ! :)
Have fun going through the menus and stuff - far more custom options and controls over the rebels

Actually I have been thinking that, my pinky finger needs some extra room lol. With the 70-200 2.8 the body still feels a little small (vertically), but the grip itself is nice n big, awesome fit.

I also bought a 8GB 600x lexar CF card, wow what a difference that made over my old "Extreme III" from sandisk .
Does the card really make much of a difference...or is it just the new camera?

I also bought a 8GB 600x lexar CF card, wow what a difference that made over my old "Extreme III" from sandisk .
7D will have a larger bugger so well ye.

Does the card really make much of a difference...or is it just the new camera?

The speed of the memory card does, especially if you are shooting with raw. I think my buffer holds 15 raw images. It took ~35 seconds for my buffer to clear on my old "Extreme III" memory card, only ~6 seconds for my buffer to clear with my new lexar 600x card.

Also if you don't have a card with a suitably fast enough write speed the video mode will either be limited or impossible to use (limited in that if its just a bit too slow you won't get the full amount of time possible as the buffer fills up - and impossible if the card just just too slow)

Have you discovered the Orientation Linked AF Auto selection?

It automatically sets your AF point to where you last had it set in either Portrait or Landscape. It's pretty rad. Comes in handy when you want the AF point to automatically be at the top of the screen for instance if you're shooting a group in Landscape and are focusing high in the frame on someones face and then switch to Portrait it keeps the AF point at the top of the frame so you literally don't have to remove the camera from your face, it switches the AF point for you automatically!

C.Fn III-12 is where you can find the setting.

Congrats on your purchase and good luck!

Cheers!

Eric & Amanda Photography

Most reactions

New Topics

Back