I have been a photographer for about a year.

joelhead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
and i was just asking for some C&C please let me kno what you think.

DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0992.jpg

DSC_1035.jpg

DSC_1126.jpg

DSC_1329.jpg

DSC_0801.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

Thanks for looking :D:D

"I have been a photographer for about a year"

Prepare to be flamed ha..

Pretty good. I wish my stuff would've looked that good after one year.

Maybe post in Landscape or general in the future though.

"Feedback and Suggestions" (from where this has been moved into the General Gallery) is not a gallery for photo showing. It is to suggest things to make this forum better or to give feedback on things that are forum-related. So I moved your thread over into the General Gallery, assuming that you would not want to find yourself in the "Beginners' Forum and Gallery"??? Although ... sorry about that ... I would much rather have put your photos there :oops:

They don't look like a photographer's work to me.
In most cases, exposure looks not right (underexposed photos), composition is lacking (3), focus is off (3 again), or contrast is way too high, like in the pic of the newborn, which looks like in-camera flash was used, too, so the skin shows all the detail and "mottledness" of a newborn, when they should look soft (but not "soft" as in "out of focus"), lit indirectly.

What she said^. They really aren't the work of a photographer. It seems you were in some beautiful situations, but the pictures could have been much better. I do like 2, 6, and 8, but even those have issues..

I think you should have titled the thread, "I have been taking pictures for about a year," instead of being a photographer for a year. I guess one that takes pictures is, therefore, a photographer, but in this forum, photographers are held to a pretty high standard, and generally get paid for their work.

I do like the feel of your photos, especially the landscapes.. really shows you have a reason to take them rather than taking them for the sake of it.

The horizon in #3 is a off. As mentioned some are a little underexposed, it's a subjective thing and whacking the contrast up too high is easily done.. just watch your shadow details.

yay number 7!! some may say underexposed, but, why not? winter is underexposed. that shot feels like mid february (not that it actaully is). cold grey and dreary.

I like #2, and the last 3... good stuff man.

the baby is a little scary (sorry if it's yours...no offence intended :) ...I think la foto's correct that a little softening up would of helped that one along a bit.

i do like the vignetting on the photos. it doesn't necissarily work with all of them tho, like the landscapy ones.

Very nice! I don't think my photos look that good.

My only issues are with number 2 and 4. 2 has a lens flare, and 4 is a little blurry with the top cut off. Other than that, awesome.

I like the baby picture... i think.. imho that babies are ugly anyways when they are new.
of course the parents think they are cute.
So anyways i think its nice to see a baby pic that isnt just fuzzy wuzzy with that soft beautiful glow of a Sumers Eve commercial.
When my wife finally has a baby im going to get pics of it as it is being help up by the doc with its cord still attached.
It would make for a cool kind of morbid 2001 picture......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back