I have been requested...

gilsmak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been dinking around in the picture world my whole life. Lately, here around home, I have been taking pictures of friends bands during performances at local bars and clubs. I usually just stick them all on a CD and hand them out.

But today I was requested by another band to shoot pictures for their press kit. Aparrently they were impressed with what they have seen. Now normally, for a close buddy, I would just do it and accept what ever they gave me (if anything). But I know these guys are going to ask what I want in exchange for my photos.

The shoot will probably be no more than 2 or 3 miles from where I sleep and eat, and I dont expect to spend more than a couple of hours at their studio.

What would you guys suggest as a good rate of compensation for a first time gig like this? Keeping in mind that this is the first actual request of my services that I have been waiting for.

Thanks in advance.
-Josh

How successfull is the band? Are they well connected? Could be a good marketing opportunity for you. I have found that a lot of bands are pretty broke and the best kind of compensation has been found in some sort of bartering. Do they have any time of service that would be benificial to you? When it comes to cash...my rate is normally 50 dollars an hour, but I don't really watch my clock all that much and just want to make sure the client gets more then they expected.

They are pretty well known around the area and very well financed and very well connected as far as I can tell.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back