i have no idea where to post this

spiffybeth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
whenever i open a thread started by Amber24 or go into a thread where she has posted, my computer tells me there is a high risk that an unknown source is trying to access my computer and then it shuts me out of TPF for 20 minutes.

if i block her, will that make it stop? i dont want to put her on my ignore list because i like her pictures and ive got nothing against her, but being unable to access the forum is frustrating.

any suggestions?

Remove whatever virus that has infected your PC.

I doubt it has anything to do with a certain members posts, just something goofy going on behind the scenes

I'm going to guess it is an issue with your computer. I have no problems at all when opening her threads...perhaps you need to adjust some security settings?

scanning underway. thanks.

it was weird though. it always happened just as i saw her name in a thread though.

if you read this amber, im sorry for blaming you!!!

wow, that is very wierd... unless amber has her pics hosted somewhere dodgy..

if no one else is having problems though, then it must be me.

im still scanning. we'll see what comes of it.

norton pops up and says there is a high risk alert and its blocking something from accessing my system. and then i cant use tpf.

the scan is complete and nothing was suspect. im going to go back into a thread of her's soon.

im scared. lol.

I used to have Nortons but found it to be a pain. I've been using a free program called AVG anti virus for the last 2 years and find it works perfectly... and really, its free. I also have no problems with Amber's threads / posts by the way. Best of luck getting it fixed.

I second AVG Free (they have a pay version as well, so make sure you go with avgfree). It works great and it doesnt bog down your system like norton does. I dont really use my pc anymore, but it still works fine with avg. Give it a shot.

I also recommend running your antivirus in safe mode when you have a big problem.

securitttttttttty.jpg
securittttttttttyku4.jpg

The best thing you could do for your computer right now is delete Norton. It's terrible! At Best Buy we recommend Trendmicro and Webroot. Do a good job without taking so many system resources. AVG is pretty good as well.

I would NOT recommend AVG, it's decent and it's free, but the protection is far inferior to Avast, another free scanner. Avast's interface isn't particularly good, but the virus scanner is tough as nails

edit: no offense, but a best buy recommendation makes me look at other options first...best buy workers were the ones who told me a dvd-decoder (like the one included in WinDVD and any other DVD player and Vista) was illegal, and I shouldn't be looking for one...

As for norton, I used to use it years ago, and it was just so damn inefficient I axed it, but the new versions (IS 2008 and 360) have been getting rave reviews...

I would NOT recommend AVG, it's decent and it's free, but the protection is far inferior to Avast, another free scanner. Avast's interface isn't particularly good, but the virus scanner is tough as nails

edit: no offense, but a best buy recommendation makes me look at other options first...best buy workers were the ones who told me a dvd-decoder (like the one included in WinDVD and any other DVD player and Vista) was illegal, and I shouldn't be looking for one...

As for norton, I used to use it years ago, and it was just so damn inefficient I axed it, but the new versions (IS 2008 and 360) have been getting rave reviews...

And I've seen Best Buy workers that don't know what a USB cable is, but that doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back