I have no idea where to start my search to get a picture taken like this?

Mighty_Pelican

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am close to graduating from college and would like to create my own website to establish my online footprint since I do not use social media services and nowadays that is viewed as suspicious by some employers, grad school admission committees, and some of the public.

It would be (myfirstname)(mylastname).com and I would set it up so that it is near the top of google search when HR searches for my name. (I have an uncommon name)

I would like to get a picture professionally taken like the attached picture with a custom backdrop composed of skyscrapers. Where would I even begin my search to find someone who can do this? I know nothing of the terminology of the photography industry. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

What price range am I looking at? My uneducated guess is around $800. How's that? Am I about right or completely off the mark?

Please do not post images to which you do not hold copyright or permission to publish. You may edit your post to include a link.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I saw a similar picture on a personal website I would think either stock photo or what an ego on this guy.

A wide angle lens and a balcony should do it. I wouldn't pay $800 for that though.

Can I go to any commercial photography site and say, "Hey, I would like to get a professional picture taken with a skyscraper backdrop, call me back with a quote?"

Or are there only specific types of photographers that could do a picture like that? What keywords should I look for?

Any on location photographer in or around the city you'd like in the background should be able to do it.
Price could range from a couple hundred bucks for the session. THe licensing on the photograph is what could end up costing you a bit. If it's for commercial use. Could be as little as maybe $50 or a whole lot depending on that license.

Most reactions

Back