I HAVE PROBLEM UNDERSTANDING DEPTH OF FIELD CALCULATION AND READING, I NEED HELP

Abrahamoloya

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have problem understanding how to work out depth of field, could you please explain to me in a simple way so that I can understand.
I have tried my level best to work it out but failed, I will be very glad to have assistant on this particular subject .

What have you tried so far? Have you watched youtube videos? Experimented with your camera? Googled?

You are also having a problem with your caps lock or shift key. There's no reason to shout.

Depth of field is controlled by:

1. Camera to subject distance
2. Focal length
3. Aperture

The smaller the aperture, the larger the depth of field. The shorter the focal length, the larger the depth of field. The closer the subject is to the minimum focus distance of the lens, the less depth of field.

This is DoF in a nutshell... For more info go here: Understanding Depth of Field in Photography

caps-lock.jpg

Actually, the DOF calculator is a secret mind-control weapon disguised as a useful utility, designed to turn your brain into mush but keep your organs alive for harvesting.

Harsh? well, maybe. ph0enix has good advice, in terms ot the thread written by KmH (Keith) and Big Mike. One such calculator is found here: Online Depth of Field Calculator, but you can find others by googling "DOF Calculator".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back