I haz a DSLR... I iz a photographer now!

what is a pinhole?

You can't even be considered a real "photographer" unless you can shoot this stuff
I'll disagree with you.
Wedding/ portrait photographers, "real pros" back in the day used these
images

But recently I read you can use this one too
legom1.jpg

I say good for her.
She has the guts to go out and take the chance.
The worst that can happen is she fails miserably and moves on.

Most successful people fail before succeeding.

Learning from one's mistake is suppose to be a good thing...unless it creeps up on others who are afraid to take chances...:blushing:

...and I am willing to bet the sun will shine tomorrow, regardless

They are everywhere, multiplying like rabbits.
I know so many people with superb talents that still shoot for themselves, even at their achievement level they still don;t rush and "book".

I used to have a landscaping business.did all the courses, pesticide courses, all the what you need to know..and was very successful,,

Until BillyBob down the road got his license, bought a 1969 pick up truck, borrowed his Dad;s lawnmover, grabbed his BFF, and started a Haul away,lawn cutting, pull yer weeds,cut all them limbs of yer trees kind of style.
Of course they undercut everyone, they simply needed to make enough money for Friday party night and gas.

It became viral, everyone with a truck and a rake were trolling the city.I spent more time undoing the messes they made than actually landscaping. It was a mess, and gave the accredited people a bad stereotype.

I sold the biz, and glad for it.There are still new weed pullers every day, they make their pocket money.
The true test was for the professionals, they stayed the drama( I had two knee op's, so the kneeling in the mud days were over for moi).

Its all about word of mouth. If you are good, you will know by the traffic you get .

There is alot of roadkill out there for those that think a camera and a on board flash will make them a star.:confused:

Lol.why of course.:lol:

I want that lego camera!anyone know the link where i can buy one? or even a link where i can make one?:)

You can't even be considered a real "photographer" unless you can shoot this stuff
I'll disagree with you.
Wedding/ portrait photographers, "real pros" back in the day used these
images

But recently I read you can use this one too
legom1.jpg

Whoops totally forgot about you medium format guys :lol: still, manual camera ftw to hell with this auto-everything bull****. manual film cameras separate the rockstars from the groupies

Is it just me or do any of you get upset in people thinking just because they have a DSLR they are now instant and awesome photographers?

Used to piss me off a long time ago also...but you learn to ignore it...and sometimes even laugh at it when you get those REALLY awful ones.

Seriously, dont let it get to you. Unless they are putting out work thats better than yours, they arent stealing any of your business...at least, not the business that you want. ;)

You may or may not have seen this already but it holds much truth on the subject...
zarias.com :: The blog of editorial photographer Zack Arias Cheap Photographers Only Kill Themselves, Not The Industry.

I though i was a bit on the agressive side when i started charging people for my photography and it took almost 2 year. And i am far from asking 75$ an hour lol. i did 1 wedding and it was for a desperate friends friend whos photographer died 2 days before the wedding while he was showing her the spots he wanted for the photos. i didnt charge him, he gave me 400$. like zarias says, you need to start somewhere, but you need to be realistic.

just tell her shes crazy

Last edited:
They are everywhere, multiplying like rabbits.
I know so many people with superb talents that still shoot for themselves, even at their achievement level they still don;t rush and "book".

I used to have a landscaping business.did all the courses, pesticide courses, all the what you need to know..and was very successful,,

Until BillyBob down the road got his license, bought a 1969 pick up truck, borrowed his Dad;s lawnmover, grabbed his BFF, and started a Haul away,lawn cutting, pull yer weeds,cut all them limbs of yer trees kind of style.
Of course they undercut everyone, they simply needed to make enough money for Friday party night and gas.

It became viral, everyone with a truck and a rake were trolling the city.I spent more time undoing the messes they made than actually landscaping. It was a mess, and gave the accredited people a bad stereotype.

I sold the biz, and glad for it.There are still new weed pullers every day, they make their pocket money.
The true test was for the professionals, they stayed the drama( I had two knee op's, so the kneeling in the mud days were over for moi).

Its all about word of mouth. If you are good, you will know by the traffic you get .

There is alot of roadkill out there for those that think a camera and a on board flash will make them a star.:confused:

so your saying we need to pull the flashes off camera. check. i know what im buying today. lol

Most reactions

Back