I hope this doesnt happen in the US

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well, I know its happening to some degree, but this is pretty whack...

I've also attached the original PDF. HERE

untitled.JPG

I know that being stopped by officers for just taking pics is a big issue in NYC. But it's the first time I see a poster that calls on people to look out for others taking 'suspect' pictures.

pascal

yeah exactly,

"what if one of them seems odd"

I mean that describes 99% of photographers. what is this an Orwell novel already ? lol

Hey everyone, lets vote like drunken idiots and give up our civil liberties for supposed 'security'. Rubbish...

As a resident of the US who was among the millions watching the 9/11 inccident and absolutely apalled and offended by the actions that occured, I feel this is bull S**T. Take away my rights as a photographer to do something that is legal in every way and give them to half assed vigilanties who don't know law from a hole in the ground, bull.

I understand the meaning of public safty but this is too far. You can bet that if this happens state side I will be pissed, And I don't have anything that could be considered as a priority target in the least. I feel sorry for yall in London, best of luck dealing with the ignorant fools who mistake you for someone else.

"I'm not a terrorist, that's Victoria Beckham in there..."

Well, I have been searched completely by the City of London Police under the terrorism act, just very recently when taking images of architecture which was not the typical tourist attractions.

In the future, when "The Man" is in complete control, tourists will only have to go to a 'scenic photo clutch' and show their 'camera card' to recieve an authorized digital copy of the scene on their chip. The authorized image will be modified to fit their profile of skill (How many 'clutches' have they visited? How old are they? and how expensive are their camera cards?) along with weather conditions will determine over/underexposure, sensor spots, etc. The good news is that composition will be perfect and uniform and current images of popular political ruler/politicians will be pasted into each scene as if they were really there waving to you. Sorry, no movie or rock and roll stars as they tend to be too liberal. AND the added benefit of seeing only what you should see.

It WILL be a good thing.

Too bad I'm hoping to be dead by then. If not, I'm living with the renegades and cannibals in the ramparts.

And they call it 'the free world'.

It is very old pathetic method came from the medieval era known as: Divide and rule. This poster asking part of the community to be suspicious of the other member of community. But some part of the community love to be listened and to be look at than they are willing to sacrifice their own neighbours just for the sake of it.

Than the government officer will thank them for their sharp eyes in spotting any wrong move of their neighbours/friends/work mates/family - and medal was awarded. Than the informant will achieve his/her mental orgasm by then just for being look at and listened to.

Sound exactly like the former East German secret service known as STASI.

hey, come on, but this is rather relaxed ...
if however, someone takes images of security cameras, security staff and all that only, then suspicion is understandable.

The STASI was a completely different caliber. This is more like the standard neighbourhood watch scheme.

hey, come on, but this is rather relaxed ...
if however, someone takes images of security cameras, security staff and all that only, then suspicion is understandable.

The STASI was a completely different caliber. This is more like the standard neighbourhood watch scheme.

It's a silly side-effect of the propaganda campaigns intended to spark fear in the people, but hopefully it won't be taken too seriously. Neighborhood watch is correct, we can only hope the neighbors are reasonable. Besides, in my eyes there's no such thing as taking pictures in public and not getting bothered. People will always wonder what you're doing when you have a camera near them.

There was a record from the STASI that made public that I read in an article, a record of deceased old couple. The man's wife for 50 years was a STASI implanted agent. She married him as part of the job instruction to gather information of her husband activity to the STASI top brass - for 50 years!. He died without knowing that she married him for the sake of superior officers. He slept with a robot.

But this thing has nothing to do with photography you see, I think we are drifting somewhere, but good topic :lol:.

Most reactions

Back