I hope this doesnt happen in the US

Because they'd rather come after you and I than sort out real crime....

You're not too far from the truth ... seems that as a general rule "security" personal all over the world have a similar mentality ... give them power and they will exercise said power to the max. Give them a little power and they will max out what that power enables ... give them more power and again ... they will max it out ...

A photog w/ a dSLR is a bit out of the ordinary ... so security will focus on the person which is different and max out their power.

I used to think/believe that security personal here in the States were different than security personal in much of the rest of the world ... but after 9/11, I think that as a general rule, they're all the same everywhere.

Gary

PS- There are always the exception(s)
G

Well, I know its happening to some degree, but this is pretty whack...

I've also attached the original PDF. HERE
Hate to break it to ya....but it's already here to a LARGE degree. Especially in NYC. Police officer questioned me a few months back while I was framing the composition of a pile of garbage in the public garbage cans.

Hate to break it to ya....but it's already here to a LARGE degree. Especially in NYC. Police officer questioned me a few months back while I was framing the composition of a pile of garbage in the public garbage cans.

Nothing new.

Forty years ago, in Newton, Massachusetts, I was stopped, questioned and required to produce identification. My offense? Walking on the sidewalk!

Well, personnally I don't see anything wrong with reminding society as a whole to be cautious. How many times have crimes taken place that could have been stopped by a passerby?

Also, since I am a woman and carry expensive equipment. I actually call the police before I go out shooting! Two reasons, just in case something happens and so that I am not bothered.

On many occassions I have had officers stop and chat with me while shooting because they also enjoyed photography.

I agree that I don't need the governemtn running my life, but I also know that the governement is a necessary "evil". We as the people need to do are part as citizens and keep our eyes and hearts open.

Guys this is a serious issue. If you see your neighbour with a bag of fertilizer REPORT THEM. If you see someone take a photo REPORT THEM. If you see someone carrying a bag REPORT THEM.

We will not be safe until everyone is permanently locked up!

I just reported you!

I am always suspicious of middle easterners taking photos of the GG Bridge when riding camels midspan. Not ashamed to admit it!

I'm suspicious of Europeans riding camels on the bridge.

I would put up with anything to take photos of National Landmarks. My wife and I were in Washington DC last summer and I was shooting to beat the band. The only items of security we saw were going into Gov buildings.

On the street there was a presence but no one ever asked to go through my camera bag; not once. We were there seven days.

The security is necessary. Unless you want to actually frisk only those who look like the actual 9/11 HiJackers. I say go ahead.

They seem to kill their own and any others who are walking down any street from Baghdad to Spain.

Most reactions

Back