I just had to post this series Of Photos: Oscar the Osprey & Hank The Heron

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have posted a few of these photos before, but I thought I would post a series of them. I had just purchased my Sigma Contemporary 150-600 lens with my Canon 7d. I was at the lake practicing and decided to sit down on a bench next to a small pond area off of the lake. I saw Oscar sitting in a tree scouting for a meal. I started shooting, when all of a sudden he spread his winds and dove straight down into the water. He emerged from under the water and began his accent. I noticed he was having trouble because I thought he had a very large fish. I kept shooting as he climbed higher & higher. I noticed Hank was on the shore line just watching the action. After I got home I began to process the photos I had taken. To my surprise I found that Oscar had caught 2 shad at the same time: One in each claw. Hank probably know he had 2 fish and was wondering why he did not give him one. I know the photos quality & technical stuff about these photos is not the greatest, but remember I was practicing with some new equipment. Hope you all enjoy them as much as I do.

Osprey 1.jpg

Osprey 2.jpg

Osprey 3.jpg

Osprey 4.jpg

Osprey 5.jpg

Osprey 6.jpg

Osprey 7.jpg

Osprey 8.jpg

Osprey 9.jpg

Osprey 10.jpg

Osprey 11.jpg

Osprey 12.jpg

Osprey 13.jpg

Osprey 14.jpg

Nice set. Glad you enjoyed your time getting them. And... anyone that gets that good a shot (#4) of a diving osprey is doing OK.

I think this is a double double! A two fish catch? Hank looks seriously impressed.

Thanks, Guys. Sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Very nice set.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back