I just happened to look out the window....

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It looked like someone had napalmed the sky!

firesky.jpg

firesky2.jpg

I was really busy programming and since it was raining, i didn't bother looking out the window. That was until i noticed my skin glowing this unearthly orange glow. So I ran and got my digicam like a good boy. The above shots where taken from my apartment deck.

I then peered east and I saw this rainbow. I like this shot, even though it is a bit dark, i think it has a certain ambience to it. I didn't even notice the bird until i downloaded the piccies.

rainbow3.jpg

At this point i was determined to catch the last rays of the sunset up at Bastion Point. I ran thru the wet and unusually quiet streets of Mission Bay. I was chugging up the stairs to the park to get a picture of the the city I love - Auckland. Its still a bit dark, but I did catch a little bit of the magic I saw.
auckland.jpg

The sun was quickly setting, and I noticed that I trudged through the muddy park in my wool slippers - I didn't even bother to check what shoes I was wearing! Then I aimed my camera for one last shot as the sun was taking her final bow for the day:
mordor.jpg

those 1st two pics look so cool! that's some crazy skies in new zealand! i wish i could see something that awesome around here.

now THAT is what I call a photographers heart. What a great story. And smashing photos. Cheers.

I am soooooo envious!
Fantastic shots, sunsets/sunrises are among my favorites and these are terrific.
Great story too!

beautiful photos .... i love them all :D

great job vonn!!

that makes me want to be there instead of here.

I have never seen Napalm. I could only imagine. Needless to say, you have captured some particular hues. In my opinion it is the cityscape that makes the cut. I'll bet the prints are even more dramatic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back