I just love inactive co-workers

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really wish they would get up off their asses. Any one else here got a fleet of co-workers who leave everything to you?

In case you are wondering I just spent the last two hours doing two days worth of processing that no one felt they needed to do.
angry-smiley-005.gif

that is a pain, certainly!

i am glad not to have such co-workers ... and not to be one of those either ;)

2 hours to do 2 days worth? Sounds to me like you are 3/16ths as busy as me on any given day :mrgreen: lol

2 hours to do 2 days worth? Sounds to me like you are 3/16ths as busy as me on any given day :mrgreen: lol

the thing of it is, if the others would sit down for fifteen twenty minuets and take care of it as it comes in stead of letting it pile up I wouldn't be as agrivated. There really is not that much involved with the work, it's just the fact I have to do it all.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I too get tired of hand holding. I have to deal with corporate politics. The sad fact that even though I am technically above 80% of the people at the plant (position wise, i'm not on a high horse), it's easier for me to just do something myself to keep operations running logistically than jump through the hoops of going through someone else's manager because they are in a different department. The managers make a big deal like its some kind of inconvenience, and if you go around them straight to the associate, they get all territorial. It's times like this I wish I was either A) an associate myself with no worries, or B) in business for myself.

At every job I've ever worked at there is always that one person that all the work seems to be dumped on. Unfortunately that person usually ends up being me. I get so irritated sometimes. I work in a commercial portrait studio and it seems like every time a customer walks up all of my co-workers disappear or get mysteriously busy with something else.
Why do so many people think they can just stand around and get paid to do nothing? Most of them seem to have no idea of what work ethic is.

i am an inactive co worker.

i spent years being the one dumped on and after i had my son 6 years ago i got another job working part time and became inactive.

i get paid the same weather i do it or not so most of the time i dont. i dont care anymore their are more important things in life than work.
what other people think of me i just dont care. if they want to slogg their guts out and do unpaid over time and then go home worrying cause they might of forgot something thats up to them.

i for one do not i pick up my son and go swimming or something.

you guys get a life work is not importantt

has anyone ever worked with one of those 'eager-beavers' who do too much work and give the rest of us a bad name?

i agree with Jols, there are more important things in life than work.

Nobody will thank you for working any harder or doing more work than everybody else. And, if you were to ask the other staff that you work with, they would probably say it was them who work the hardest.

If you want be appreciated or get ahead in the office, just learn to laugh at your bosses jokes, or wear a shorter skirt, presuming your a woman. That is probably how your boss got their job, not through any merit.

I agree that there is more to life than work, but I also have certain personal standards that compel me to actually perform whatever job I've been hired to do. There is a certain level of service/performance that is expected from an employee on any type of job. I like knowing that I earned my paycheck and to me it takes more than doing the bare minimum to make me feel that way.

i dont agree with jols. A person that might not care as much about their job as you do, doesnt mean the work doesnt have to be done. You get paid to do a job. The same that others get paid to do the same. It's not right to let someone else pick up the slack just due to the fact that someone else will. If you dont want to do the job that you get paid to do, find another job. Its almost stealing...

has anyone ever worked with one of those 'eager-beavers' who do too much work and give the rest of us a bad name?

Or the ones who talk LOUDLY and OFTEN about how much they work? Some people are just workaholics; they enjoy the stress and they like feeling that they work the hardest. I've had a couple friends like that, and have learned that what sounds like complaining is often just bragging. I agree with jols, too. Work is just what you do so you can make money to live and enjoy the things that matter. I suppose it means more than that to some people, but just remember there's no ribbon awarded for most ulcers.

Or the ones who talk LOUDLY and OFTEN about how much they work? Some people are just workaholics; they enjoy the stress and they like feeling that they work the hardest.

there is a couple of those in the office where i work. They like to give the whole floor a running commentary about what they are doing and how difficult it is, even though they are doing the same job as the rest of us. scurrying about, banging things and constantly complaining. It's stresses out everyone else in the department.

glad to see people agree with me.

i work with some people who are rushing around and i call them the

'busy doing nothing brigade'

cause yes they look busy but dont actually get much done.

i just want an easy life with no stress and complications

I enjoy having responsibilities. It doesnt stress me out, therefor when I go home, I leave work at work, and it doesnt effect my relationships / private life.

On the few and far between days when I do have a slow one (usually due to technological problems ), those are the slowest MOST boring days that seem to never end. When I'm busy, it seems like lunch is here before you know it, and the next thing you know it's time to go. Not some eternally boring and slow sit on your a*s all day and do nothing..

I guess its a benefit of going through life everyday with a job you like as opposed to one you hate.

Most reactions

Back