I just ordered an old Nikon lens and so excited to get it

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think I made the right decision purchasing this Nikon
Nikon AF Nikkor 28-80mm F/3.3-5.6G Lens ..suppose to be excellent condition ..and after reading so much about lenses from Ken Rockwell I decided on this one.. I have three tamron lenses I purchased new.. but I want to start collecting some Nikon lenses for fun and to learn.. did anyone have experience with this lens and any tips will be wonderful... I can always return it..if I am not satisfied..50mm 1.8 D Nikon 50 mm f/1.8D Af Nikkor Len

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Link doesn't work. You must be signed out to link to an Ebay auction. I can explain more if needed.

The reviews are definitely great. Cross my fingers it arrives as described. Looking forward to your results.

Link doesn't work. You must be signed out to link to an Ebay auction. I can explain more if needed.

The reviews are definitely great. Cross my fingers it arrives as described. Looking forward to your results.
Thanks I will let you know!

I have the even older D version of that lens. I paid $35 for it refurbished from Nikon itself at a Nikon Days event in 2003. I have used mine since then, and even though it is extremely cheap and plasticy, I have made quite a few good images with it... in fact I think I have two of them on my new phone

Last edited:
26090731.DSCF0268_Feb15_shower.jpg
DSC_0383_Star_Dec 24_-6.JPG

I have the even older D version of that lens. I paid $35 for it refurbished from Nikon itself at a Nikon Days event in 2003. I have used mine since then, and even though it is extremely cheap and plasticy, I have made quite a few good images with it... in fact I think I have two of them on my new phone
Thank YOU..WOW those PHOTOS ARE BEAUTIFUL!!

Here is an extreme crop from that same frame. Pretty good I think for a $35 lens from the early 1990s, when shot on a used Nikon D800.
For Sure... such a great deal... I hope mine will be okay with my D500.. thank you so much!! I am anxious ..

Last edited:
DSC_0383_Star_Dec 24_-7.JPG
here is an extreme crop from the same shot. Pretty good detail resolution capability. This was shot on a Nikon D800, a 36- megapixel sensor. Pretty good I think, for an inexpensive 1990's kit lens.

View attachment 184272 here is an extreme crop from the same shot. Pretty good detail resolution capability. This was shot on a Nikon D800, a 36- megapixel sensor. Pretty good I think, for an inexpensive 1990's kit lens.
not pretty good.. very very very good!

I have used this lens for three or four portrait shoots, and when shot at F 7.1 or at f8, I have absolutely no qualms about making deep crops . even though this lens appears to be really cheap and wobbly, meaning the front extension wobbles quite a bit from side to side, the pictures seem to be Sharp. Yes the mount is made of ABS plastic, and yet, the pictures are quite good...

Yeah the lens shoots pretty darn good for a plastic mount, wobbly Barrel Zoom.

I have used this lens for three or four portrait shoots, and when shot at F 7.1 or at f8, I have absolutely no qualms about making deep crops . even though this lens appears to be really cheap and wobbly, meaning the front extension wobbles quite a bit from side to side, the pictures seem to be Sharp. Yes the mount is made of ABS plastic, and yet, the pictures are quite good...
So when I get mine I should expect a little wobble ... I do not mind cropping either if I can get such clarity and intense natural color..and focus as these photos of yours..i mean they are wow ,,,,for an old lens a double wow! Thank you Darrel..so glad I choose this lens and will post some photos when I get it..

Nikon AF Nikkor 28-80mm F/3.3-5.6G Lens ..suppose to be excellent condition ..and after reading so much about lenses from Ken Rockwell I decided on this one.. I have three tamron lenses I purchased new.. but I want to start collecting some Nikon lenses for fun and to learn.. did anyone have experience with this lens and any tips will be wonderful... I can always return it..if I am not satisfied..50mm 1.8 D Nikon 50 mm f/1.8D Af Nikkor Len
I think you're addicted----to a good thing! Good luck!

I think you're addicted----to a good thing! Good luck!
YES I am... HAHA thank you

Most reactions

New Topics

Back