I just ordered.....

Very nice, I'm jealous!

I had to choose between my 70-200 f/2.8 or the d300s/d700... I chose the glass first, i could really go for some iso1600 though at some point lol, ENJOY!

I gotta ask, what made you want/need to upgrade to a $2200 camera over your D60? I say this because I tried to search your past threads and see what kind of images you were working with and I saw that you just started photography a few months ago :O and posting very beginner type questions.

I've always lived by the mantra that you don't upgrade your body (camera), until you've exhausted all there is to do with with your older one or you can't achieve something with your old body.

I have the feeling you upgraded cameras b/c it would make your shots better or a better photographer. I sure hope you didn't b/c you would have wasted 2500 bucks lol.

Have fun, hopefully you post more of your shots once you get it though.

I gotta ask, what made you want/need to upgrade to a $2200 camera over your D60? I say this because I tried to search your past threads and see what kind of images you were working with and I saw that you just started photography a few months ago :O and posting very beginner type questions.

I've always lived by the mantra that you don't upgrade your body (camera), until you've exhausted all there is to do with with your older one or you can't achieve something with your old body.

I have the feeling you upgraded cameras b/c it would make your shots better or a better photographer. I sure hope you didn't b/c you would have wasted 2500 bucks lol.

Have fun, hopefully you post more of your shots once you get it though.

I bought my D700 about 3 months ago now...

One on hand I'll say I'm not any better than I was with my D40. My images are still composed with the same mistakes or over/under exposed as they were before. The upgrade was not NECESSARY in retrospect.

On the other hand, I will say that the image quality is undoubtedly better with the D700 over my D40. 800 ISO on my D700 is better quality than 200 on my D40. The increase in overall options available to the shooter also helps. 51 focus points over 3 on the D40? There are many other advantages to the D700 that I don't feel like listing at the moment.

Overall, I agree that if you take bad photos with a beginner DSLR your going to get the same ones with a better quality camera.

~Tom

Reason I wanted the d700 was for one..It's probably the last camera I'll be getting. I don't see a need to upgrade past this. Two..It's a great camera for low light conditions. Three..Who doesn't want a d700? It's an awesome camera with more capabilities than the d60.

Reason I wanted the d700 was for one..It's probably the last camera I'll be getting. I don't see a need to upgrade past this. Two..It's a great camera for low light conditions. Three..Who doesn't want a d700? It's an awesome camera with more capabilities than the d60.

Excellent reasons to upgrade to a $2500 camera after owning a d60 for 3 months lol :scratch:

Anways, if you are ballin' like that ... why not.

Excellent reasons to upgrade to a $2500 camera after owning a d60 for 3 months lol :scratch:

Anways, if you are ballin' like that ... why not.

I've had my D60 for two years.

I'm going by your posts on here. In this thread ( http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...oto-gallery/206080-im-very-new-some-help.html )... 3 months ago, you claim to be brand new to photography and asked very beginner type questions. Even if you've had your d60 for two years ... just 3 months ago, you didn't even know what RAW was or F/Stop.

All I'm saying is that you will have the same issues with this d700, than you d60 ... but that's just my opinion. Personally, better glass on the d60 would have probably suited you better and you could have used that new glass on an upgrade later on.

When does it come in? Can't wait to see some shots, seriously.

I'm going by your posts on here. In this thread ... 3 months ago, you claim to be brand new to photography and asked very beginner type questions. Even if you've had your d60 for two years ... just 3 months ago, you didn't even know what RAW was or F/Stop

Oh don't be a hater. I'm learning new stuff everyday. Just because I'm getting a nice camera doesn't mean I'm going to stop taking pictures. I take photography very seriously. I want to go somewhere with it. I'm taking classes from a professional, so this isn't a joke. You have to learn somewhere, right?

lol, not hating ... just telling it how it is.

But also, like i posted earlier in this thread..I found a good deal on a 700. A lot less than the new price. Found one just as cheap as a D300 so I figured I'd take up the deal before someone else.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back