I just started a new online business-How can I promote it?

kristenrita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've recently started a business online with my photography. I've placed my photography on artfire (this can be found at http://www.artbyrita.artfire.com ) and I also made my own website that I recently got added to Google's index. I made this website to get extra traffic flowing into my online store and to also give people a way to buy prints if they have paypal. My website is Art and Photography by Rita - Home do you have any reccomendations on what do do with my sites to make them more popular (artbyrita.weebly in particular) or to promote my business? I need to have it show up on google when people search for it, because it isn't even close to being on the first page. I'm not very technologically savvy so I don't fully understand SEO or how to get my website to pop up on the first couple pages.

do you have any reccomendations on what do do with my sites to make them more popular (artbyrita.weebly in particular) or to promote my business? I need to have it show up on google when people search for it, because it isn't even close to being on the first page.

I hardly see any kewording on these, which is how people would find it through google. That said, there are a million sites by a million photographers who all like taking pictures of the flowers in their back yard, so I can't see why you'd expect to show up on the front page of google.

I wasn't looking to be on the very first page, but I didn't want to be invisible either. I realize there are a lot of people out there doing the same thing I am doing, but I'd like to find ways to become known to people. Thanks for the tip about keywords.

Kristen, some prefer browsing images by thumbnail. To have to click each numbered box to get the next unknown image is kinda a drag. I quit at 12.Just something to think about.

Read all you can about SEO; there are tens of thousands of pages written on the subject. In a nutshell, use the right key words, and the right header information, and wait (it doesn't happen right away). Having reciprocal links on your 'site is a big help too.

Get your own domain! Weebly and other free domains reek of amateur. It's inexpensive (as little as $75/year) and makes a huge difference to your appearance.

I think the biggest thing you can do to promote yourself however, is to improve your skills and technique. You've got some nice images, and clever ideas, but I see many images with technical (focus, exposure, etc).

Good luck!

I went through most of them and there are some very nice images, but there are also some very average and some that don't look sharp. Promoting a website offering to sell flower photos is going to be a tough sell, as was said there are a very large number of photographers selling the same thing. You are also competiting against a lot of royality free sites for these types of photos. Do some research into SEO as I think it may be the only way you'll attract enough people to the site. Good luck

Most reactions

New Topics

Back