I know this has been asked to death but.

Fido

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going to buy myself a camera today. It's going to be a little hobby of mine. I'd like to spend between 450-550. If you don't mind giving me some recommendations please. Thanks

Also this is an awesome forum! I can't wait to learn from all of you!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm going to buy myself a camera today. It's going to be a little hobby of mine. I'd like to spend between 450-550. If you don't mind giving me some recommendations please.

Biggest suggestion don't start asking what kind of camera you should buy the same day you are planing on buying the camera.

Before you spend a penny do as much research as you can.

KmH- I'll mostly be taking picture of landscapes, cityscapes, And people. I guess a little bit of everything.
Thanks for the verge link ill read that right now.

Light Guru- I've been look up things for a week or so, I just wanted to read some opinions on here.

KmH- I'll mostly be taking picture of landscapes, cityscapes, And people. I guess a little bit of everything.
Thanks for the verge link ill read that right now.

Light Guru- I've been look up things for a week or so, I just wanted to read some opinions on here.
What have you found so far that is of interest to you?

Do you want mirrorless camera ?
Bridge camera ?
DSLR ?
Point and Shoot ?

There are very good Point and shoot and bridge cameras in your price range.
For 500$ I dont think I would go with DSLR, if you want a DSLR the minimum I would go for would be a Nikon D3200 with minimum of 18-105mm VR lens + 50mm 1.8G prime lens and this is already few hundre dollars above your budget.

If you see yourself as a hobbiest that really love photography and want to be good and creative in this then I say wait few more months collect more money and buy the camera I suggested. Its Nikon most basic camera but its a fantastic camera and I personally wouldnt go with anything below that.

There are some very good Point and Shoot cameras out there that will give you performance very close to DSLR and control just like DSLR with all its functions.
One of these cameras are the Canon G15 (around 400$) which is basically a small DSLR gives you all the functions of a DSLR but with a fixed lens and slightly smaller sensor.
This camera is my second body camera and I love it, very good camera.

Still my advise is wait a bit collect more money and get the Nikon D3200 with these 2 basic lens I recomended.

I'd like to spend between 450-550.

New or used?

U.S. warranty, or "not for import"?

Digital or film?

Body only, or complete kit?

Any wiggle room in your budget?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back