I know this is a stretch, but....

columbus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone know of a printer/scanner combo that can scan film negatives?

Does anyone know of a printer/scanner combo that can scan film negatives?

I have not seen one myself. Most all in one combo's have reflective light scanners. For film you need pass through light. Some stand alone scanners come with an attachment light source that you basically set on top of the film on the glass. But I have not seen a combo with that option.

The flat bed scanners that are for film have a light in the lid that moves along with the pickup under the glass. Takes up a bit of room, and of course additional expense. If there is one, I would bet its expensive because of that. I would think it would be better to have a seperate printer and scanner. Which is what I have.

You can get a very good flat bed scanner that also does film very well in the Epson Perfection V750 Pro (but no printer). I've been very happy with the results I've gotten scanning all sizes of negs on this machine, and I can scan photos, art, mag pages on it too. But if you go this route, get the V750, not the V700. The V700 won't do as good a job on the film.

Another cheap flatbed option is the Epson 4490. It's what I use. You can check my flickr link for samples. All my film shots..

Most reactions

Back