I know this is my fualt how do i fix it ?

I think that you needed more light on the subject...... The ice and water will skew your camera readings...

The polarizer lost you a stop or two, and didn't really help with the eagle... Also, you should have been in spot meter for that shot, or bracketed a couple of stops either side... or both if it was an important shot.

I would have manually focused to ensure I had the bird.

I'm not sure about Nikon products...is that lens Image Stabilized ? At that length, a tripod would help if not..

Your through the fence head-shot rocks, although you might think about a bit of photoshop fill flash and a touch or contrast.......:thumbup:
i tried fill flash at zoo but the eagle go pissed and the flash coming off the pen made it look nasty

I tried with both VR on and off , i don't think that was the problem.... i'll try spot next time to better expose the eagle tho

ha when i saw that picture of the eagle at the zoo, i can just picture an american flag behind it!

Wow, why are you shooting at F/11 on that? That is some serious overkill. F/4 or 5 should be more than enough to resolve any wonky focus issues, which then allows you to dial down DRASTICALLY that shutter speed. On a lens that long (what is it 5/6inches) and twice the weight of your D40, wobble is inevitable. Even at that fast a speed depending on weather conditions.

And I just saw you were in Aperture priority mode. I wouldn't do that. Just use the camera to get a general feel of the light in the area, and work in manual. You don't have to readjust for EVERY shot if your lighting conditions haven't changed.

Wow, why are you shooting at F/11 on that? That is some serious overkill. F/4 or 5 should be more than enough to resolve any wonky focus issues, which then allows you to dial down DRASTICALLY that shutter speed. On a lens that long (what is it 5/6inches) and twice the weight of your D40, wobble is inevitable. Even at that fast a speed depending on weather conditions.

And I just saw you were in Aperture priority mode. I wouldn't do that. Just use the camera to get a general feel of the light in the area, and work in manual. You don't have to readjust for EVERY shot if your lighting conditions haven't changed.
why F11, honestly F11 is 2 stops from the 5.6 = sharpest, (did just go buy the rule seen what other have tested also) so that is what i was going for

I'm still learning when to sacrifice that to get the shot :D

No, actually F8 is sharp, and acceptable for brightness. It would actually be better to shoot wider open, so it might help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back