I league Hockey (Texas)

Rahb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I went to my friends last Hockey game this season and got some pictures. Actually, I got about 95, but here are 10 that I've tried my best to edit a little. The beginning photos had allot of grain to it, and they were underexposed a bit. I tried my best to compensate and bring something out of them with their lack of focus. I used my 100-300 canno lens, and with the low light I couldn't get a high enough f-stop with a fast enough shutter to get sharp pictures. C and C is welcome, but take it easy on me, this was my first attempt at sport shots.
#1 Bench
Bench.jpg

#2 Goalie 1
Dana1.jpg

#3 Goalie 2
Dana2.jpg

#4 Robin 1
Robin1.jpg

#5 Robin 2
Robin2.jpg

#6 Shoot Out Goal (look in the net)
ShootOutGoal.jpg

#7 Victory 1
Victory1.jpg

#8 Victory 2
Victory2.jpg

#9 Victory 3 (The goalie blocked the last shoot out attempt)
Victory3.jpg

#10 Victory 4 (The big man meets his fans lol)
Victory4.jpg

These pictures ,ust have really sucked....23 views, and not a lick as far as response.

I think the effect to reduce the grain takes away from the images, but I don't know whether the grain would've been better. I think the third one would've been great if I could see the puck. Also, perhaps next time try to get more faces in the pics; zoom in more, much like the feel of the first one.

I have to admit that I've never attempted action photography, so please don't take my criticism too seriously. Keep shooting the sports, I'd like to see more.

Looks like a fun game. I've never tried action shots like this before, so i cant really be of much help with how to make them turn out well, but i think you've got a really good start here! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back