I lol'd at some of these "faked" photos

Those are hilarious! And they're giving me ideas, haha

That's how you get the likes and followers on Instagram, fake everything. I may not have many followers or get many likes but my photos are genuine and not trying to deceive the viewer.

With that being said, it really does show you how creative you can get with photography. I think it's okay to do these for fun but I don't think it's okay to lie saying you're in Paris but actually in a basement with a bunch of paper taped together of Paris. All these photos I see on Instagram from the popular accounts like Art of Visuals are probably mostly faked images just to get the likes.

Funny. A lot of these 'techniques" predate Instagram by many years.

Maybe I'll incorporate something like thins into a challenge or two (hands off, Sharon - it's mine):whip:

...I really need to get some of those hotrod car toys... I could have some fun, LOL!

My mind is spinning out of control!! LOL

Funny. A lot of these 'techniques" predate Instagram by many years.

Maybe I'll incorporate something like thins into a challenge or two (hands off, Sharon - it's mine):whip:

Awesome idea for a challenge. You’ve got dibs!

I won't be entering that challenge. My pics suck in their reality.,..

I agree that most of these were pretty awesome and some were very ingenious! Faking you were in Paris and lying about it isn’t cool but we Don’t know that’s what they did. Maybe it was just for fun. Like the cliff photos. There’s a rock outcropping near here that everyone pretends they’re holding up this giant rock but it’s really just an overhang. It’s all in fun. The ones taken on the side of the road - I think we’ve all done something like that. Similar to using a small backdrop and zooming in.

The ones that made me lol we’re the photog laying in the puddle and the one of the assistant spitting the (hopefully) water on the bride and groom.

The model car shot reminded me of an article in an old Model Railroad magazine about building small dioramas for shooting HO train models with real buildings in the background - pretty impressive stuff.

I agree that most of these were pretty awesome and some were very ingenious! Faking you were in Paris and lying about it isn’t cool but we Don’t know that’s what they did. Maybe it was just for fun. Like the cliff photos. There’s a rock outcropping near here that everyone pretends they’re holding up this giant rock but it’s really just an overhang. It’s all in fun. The ones taken on the side of the road - I think we’ve all done something like that. Similar to using a small backdrop and zooming in.

The ones that made me lol we’re the photog laying in the puddle and the one of the assistant spitting the (hopefully) water on the bride and groom.

I'm not saying that's exactly what they were doing. They were probably just having fun and proving that it can faked easy. But I'm sure a lot of photos on Instagram were faked but the descriptions was saying otherwise. That's deceiving in my opinion. I hate that. If I was to set up a fake Paris shoot in my basement, I would disclose it because I'm not one of those people who lie on social media just for likes and followers. That's all I'm saying.

I have done only a fraction of those types of images. I like "When graphic designers get bored." Google those!

Most reactions

Back